As of 2015, smoking tobacco is the second largest tobacco category in Germany, accounting for 25% of the total tobacco market, a 0.5% rise on 2005 results. This is mainly due to consumers switching from expensive factory-made cigarettes to cheaper alternatives, namely smoking tobacco. The affordability of smoking tobacco, along with an ingrained smoking culture in the country, will help the sector maintain growth in the short-to-medium term. However, EU anti-tobacco directives and anti-smoking legislation from federal and states governments will negatively affect the entire tobacco market by discouraging tobacco consumption with higher taxes.
- Smoking tobacco is the second largest category in the German tobacco market with 25% of volumes, as of 2015.
- Smoking tobacco has steadily grown in recent years to reach 28,850 tons in 2015 compared to 23,625 tons in 2006.
- Imperial Tobacco (Reemtsma) is the largest company, accounting for 18.8% of market shares in 2014. In Germany, 24.5% of adults (over 15's) are smokers
Smoking Tobacco in Germany is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Market size and structure
Production and trade
Taxation and retail prices
Manufacturers and brands
The smoking population
Prospects and forecasts
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.