Smoking Tobacco in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2019
- May 2019
- Tobacco Products
- 116 pages
The Belgian smoking tobacco market is currently dominated by cigarettes and smoking tobacco. The cigarettes sector amounted to 49.4% of volumes in 2018, although falling sales have reduced its share over the past decade. Smoking tobacco, in contrast, has performed better, with sales rising to 2014, although recently they have dropped back. The result is an overall 21.7% increase in volume, with share up at 47.5% in 2018. Cigar and cigarillo volumes fell by 30.1% over the same period, with their share down at 2.7% in 2018.
Smoking Tobacco in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Belgian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
- In per capita terms, sales of FCT are a forecast 1,035g a year in 2018.
- Belgium's ad valorem and VAT incidence had been stable until recently, when rates have begun increasing. A specific excise duty was introduced in 2006 and was up at 42.35 per kg in 2018.
- GlobalData estimates that 15.4% of adults were classed as regular smokers in 2017, equivalent to 1.4 million Individuals in total.
- In terms of inland sales, the market supports a mix of national and international brands. Turner, Elixyr, and Ducal are notable in Luxembourg while Ajja is notable in Belgium.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016