Smoking Tobacco in Australia is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Australia Smoking Tobacco market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
Between 1997 and 2013 the market for smoking tobacco grew by 13.6% while that for manufactured cigarettes declined by 32.7%.
By 2023 smoking tobacco sales are predicted to stand at 1,873 tonnes, 0.3% down on 2013 levels but considerably better performing than cigarettes.
The Australian tobacco market is dominated by manufactured cigarettes. Although volumes were down at 18,750 tonnes in 2013 this is still equivalent to 90.2% of all tobaccovolumes.
- Smoking Tobacco in Australia report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Smoking Tobacco industry in Australia.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Smoking Tobacco across Australia.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Smoking Tobacco industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Smoking Tobacco industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Smoking Tobacco industry and for new companies considering entry intoSmoking Tobacco industry.
- This report provides detailed dataof the manufacturers operating in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Australia.
- This report also provides market size of the Smoking Tobacco industry in Australia along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
- Smoking Tobacco companies require a detailed understanding of Smoking Tobacco consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Smoking Tobacco industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Smoking Tobacco industry across Australia, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Market Size & Structure
The Market in Context
Tobacco Products Market, 1997-2014
Market Size & Trends
Consumption of Smoking Tobacco, 1990-2014
Illicit Tobacco Sales, Australia, 2007-2013
Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 1990 & 1998-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of FCT, 1990 & 1998-2014
Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured vs FCT, 1990 & 1998-2014
FCT: Sales by Pack Size, 2008-2013
FCT Value Sales, 2001-2014
FCT Sales Through Grocery Sector, 2001-2012
FCT Sales by Channel, 2008/09 & 2009/10 & 2012/13
Manufacturers & Brands
Smoking Tobacco: Manufacturer Shares by Sector, 2013
FCT: Manufacturer Shares, 2001-2013
FCT: Brands by Manufacturer/Importer, 2014
FCT: Brand Family Shares, 2002-2013
FCT: Top 10 Variants, 2011
Taxation & Retail Prices
Smoking Tobacco: Excise Duty Rates, 1999-2014
Retail Price Trends: Most Popular Brand, 2001-2014
FCT Tobacco: Retail Prices, 2010-2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Analysis of Tobacco Use by Age & Gender, 2011/12
Daily Smokers by Region, 2011/12
Use of Tobacco by Gender & State, 2010
Recent Anti-Smoking Regulation by State, 2009-2013
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Imperial Tobacco Australia Ltd
British American Tobacco Australasia
Production & Trade
Smoking Tobacco Imports, 2000-2013
Imports by Country of Origin (Volume), 2000-2013
Imports by Country of Origin (Value), 2000-2013
Smoking Tobacco Exports, 2000-2013
Export/Re-Export Breakdown, 2000-2004
Exports by Country of Destination (Volume), 2000-2013
Exports by Country of Destination (Value), 2000-2013
Prospects & Forecasts
Market Forecasts, 2013-2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.