Smokeless Tobacco in the UK, 2018
"Smokeless Tobacco in the UK, 2018", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the British tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2027.
The UK duty paid market for tobacco products was forecast to reach 35,315 tons in 2017, having contracted considerably since 1990. However, the market was complicated by the presence of a sizeable non-domestic duty paid segment. Smokeless sales are forecast at 43 tons in 2027 or 33.8% down on sales in 2017. Per capita consumption is forecast at 0.6g in 2027, which is 36.8% lower than in 2017.
- The UK market for smokeless tobacco has been in decline for decades and by 2017 the market had contracted to 65 tons, down from 156 tons in 2000. In per capita terms, average consumption amounted to just 1g in 2017
- Imports of smokeless tobacco have fluctuated during the last decade. After peaking at 68.2 tons in 2008 they were down at 14 tons in 2016
- The long-term forecast is downwards, despite the increasing anti-smoking legislation and the widening distribution of the product
- The market is dominated by domestic producers, notably Imperial Tobacco, which has owned J&H Wilson since 1953.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Tobacco Products Market, Volume, %, 2007 & 2017
Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2007-2017
Market size and structure
Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2007-2017
Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2007-2017
Smokeless Tobacco: Market Segmentation, Tons, 2007-2017
Snuff: Sales by Tin Size, % Value, 2004-2010
Snuff: Sales by Type, Medicated v Non-Medicated, % Value, 2004, 2007-2010
Production and trade
Imports, Tons, 2006-2010
Imports by Country of Origin, Top Three, Volume %, 2016
Imports by Country of Origin, Top Three, Value %, 2016
Exports, Tons, 2006-2010
Exports by Country of Destination, Top Four, Volume %, 2016
Exports by Country of Destination, Top Four, Value %, 2016
Taxation and retail prices
Other Tobacco: Excise Duty Rates, 1982-2017
Snuff : Retail Sales Trends, 2000, 2003-2009
Snuff: Retail Prices, 2018
Chewing Tobacco: Retail Prices, 2018
Manufacturers and brands
Snuff: Brand Shares, % Value, 2004, 2006-2010
Chewing Tobacco: Leading Brands, 2011
Prevalence of Chewing Tobacco Usage by Age & Gender in South Asian Minority Ethnic Groups, 2004
Health warnings and labeling requirements
Prospects and forecasts
Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2017-2027
Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2017-2027
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.