Slovenia Cards and Payments-Opportunities and Risks to 2023
- June 2020
- 55 pages
GlobalDatas 'Slovenia Cards and Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Slovenian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2015-19e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2019e-23f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Slovenian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Slovenian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, cheques, cash, and cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Slovenian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- To drive the adoption of basic bank accounts, in April 2020 the central bank updated the method of calculating fees charged for basic accounts, which will now be based on the socioeconomic situation of the individual. Those eligible for social assistance and social security supplements will be charged a maximum of 1.47 ($1.65) per month; for other consumers the new maximum fee is 4.90 ($5.50) per month. By reducing fees, the central bank aims to incentivize more individuals to obtain a basic bank account.
- Instant P2P and peer-to-business fund transfer solutions are being rolled out in the country. In April 2020, the Slovenian payments market observed the launch of a mobile-based national instant money transfer system. This service, called Flik, allows users to make fund transfers between customers of member banks using the recipients mobile phone number or email address. The mobile payment system has been developed by 15 Slovenian commercial and savings banks, in co-operation with national payment processor Bankart.
- To benefit from the growing preference for alternative payments, banks and payment service providers are launching new payment services, with the latest being the June 2019 launch of Apple Pay and VAL. VAL is a smart wallet service launched by Telekom Slovenije in June 2019. It offers services such as NFC payments, mobile phone top-ups, P2P funds transfers, and payments via QR codes.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Slovenian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Slovenian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Slovenian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Slovenia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Slovenian cards and payments industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020