Respiratory Syncytial Virus Prophylaxis-Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2030
- August 2021
- 133 pages
Human respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is an enveloped, single-stranded, negative-sense RNA orthopneumovirus belonging to the family of Pneumoviridae. The most common clinical scenario for RSV is an upper respiratory tract infection which is typically mild and self-limiting. However, RSV is the leading cause of lower respiratory tract infections (LRTIs) in infants, with a peak age of hospitalization between 2-3 months of age. Severe respiratory disease can manifest as bronchiolitis and pneumonia, which can progress to respiratory failure or death in rare occasions. RSV is also an important cause of hospitalizations and deaths in elderly adults. Only one marketed drug is indicated for the prevention of RSV infections, Sobi/AbbVies monoclonal antibody (mAb) Synagis (palivizumab) for the prophylaxis of RSV in infants at a high risk of severe infection.
GlobalData projects the global (8MM) RSV to experience high growth during the forecast period. There are 8 prophylactic products expected to launch in the 8MM by 2030. The launch of AstraZeneca/Sanofi's improved prophylactic mAb nirsevimab and Mercks mAb clesrovimab will be a key driver of growth, replacing Synagis as standard of care prophylaxis for high-risk infants. The launch of several vaccines for adult, maternal, and pediatric patients from Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, and Bavarian Nordic will fulfill a major unmet need, and will have a significant effect on the overall size of the RSV prophylactics market.
- During the 10-year forecast period, there are eight major pipeline products that are on track to launch, driving a forecast growth in the 8MM from $455M in 2020 to $6.3B in 2030, which represents a CAGR of 30.1%.
- To combat the unmet need of an improved passive prophylaxis, new monoclonal antibodies from AstraZeneca/Sanofi (nirsevimab) and Merck (clesrovimab) will enter the RSV prophylactic market in 2023 and 2025, respectively, and take over a combined market share of 57.5% in 2030.
- Further market entries will be maternal RSV vaccines from Pfizer (PF-06928316/RSVpreF) and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK-3888550A/RSV MAT), RSV vaccines for the elderly from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK-3844766A/RSVPreF3 OA) , Johnson & Johnson (JNJ-64213175/RSVpreF) , and Bavarian Nordic (MVA-BN RSV), as well a vaccine for both pediatric and adult RSV patients from Johnson & Johnson (JNJ-64400141/Ad26.RSV.preF), resulting in forecasted 2030 RSV vaccines sales of $2.7B.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the RSV market landscape in the 8MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia) change from 2020-2030?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline products for RSV prophylaxis?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline products compare with one another, and against existing RSV prevention options?
- What are the remaining unmet needs in RSV prophylaxis?
- What drivers and barriers will affect RSV prophylaxis sales in the 8MM over the forecast period?
- Overview of RSV, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
- Topline RSV prophylaxis market revenue from 2020-2030. Annual cost of therapy and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include current RSV prophylaxis , unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting CHB treatment sales in the 8MM.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global RSV prophylaxis market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, constraints, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global RSV prophylactic market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the RSV prophylaxis market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
1 Respiratory Syncytial Virus: Executive Summary
1.1 Strong Growth Projected for the RSV Market from 2020 to 2030
1.2 The Market for RSV Prophylaxis Is Untapped and Highly Competitive
1.3 Remaining Opportunities for Current and Future Players
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Pharmaceutical
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Mental Illness Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Anti-Dermatomycosis Skin Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Incretion Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Hypertension Drugs
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareGlobal Bionic Ears Market Professional Survey Report 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareNeuropsychiatric Disorder Cluster Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareHepatitis Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017