Renewable Energy Global Industry Almanac 2013-2022
- August 2018
- 697 pages
Global Renewable Energy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Questions Answered:
- What was the size of the global renewable energy market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global renewable energy market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global renewable energy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global renewable energy market?
- The global renewable energy market had total revenues of $726.0bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 5.9% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 5,599.3 TWh in 2017.
- Hydropower plants are widely used across Europe and the segment makes up the vast majority of the output in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and North America.
- Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global renewable energy market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- The renewable energy market consists of the net generation of electricity through renewable sources. It is divided into four segments, these being hydroelectricity; wind energy; solar, tide and wave energy; electricity generated through biomass, waste and geothermal energy. The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity produced through renewable means in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to an average of annual domestic and industrial retail prices per kWH, inclusive of applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
Reasons to buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global renewable energy market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global renewable energy market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key renewable energy market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global renewable energy market with five year forecasts by both value and volume