Remote working before and after COVID-19: opportunities for business, IT and property
- April 2020
- Industry Profile
- 18 pages
In the UK, there has been a notable trend towards remote working for over a decade, and particularly in the last two years. The lockdown imposed on March 23rd to contain the impact of COVID-19 has hit fast-forward on this trend in many industries where jobs can be continued at home.
Focusing on three key impacts of that fastforwarding, this case study will show what the main drivers of the remote working trend were pre-pandemic, and what they will look like in a post-pandemic world. The report shows that, following the radical catalytic event of the COVID-19 pandemic, demand for remote working will come from both workers and business leaders.
- ONS labor market data shows that there has been an upward trend in remote working during the last two years, and projections based on that data suggest a substantial increase in Q1 2020. Once COVID-19 lockdowns are lifted, the driving factors behind sustained higher levels of remote working will look quite different. Pressure to take up flexible working at home will come partly from employees returning from lockdown, but will mainly be due to the opportunities entailed for businesses.
- Operational efficiency through remote working is one of the most salient, if least tangible, opportunities for businesses. Provided it is deployed at scale, both large and small businesses alike will also benefit from reduced real estate costs. In addition, multiple factors will serve to increase pressure on businesses to meet carbon budgets though these practices.
- There will also be opportunities for apps and services, particularly in the Unified Communication and Collaboration (UC&C) market. Like the opportunities for their clients in the wider business world, these will accelerate the transition, mainly by driving competitive innovation from the leading players. Home working has always been the most popular form of remote working among those who choose it. This will change when the benefits of remote working to employers becomes a major driver and the practice becomes elective to a lesser extent. When it does, co-working spaces will find demand for their services growing, and this will be another major opportunity of the trend going forwards.
- Learn how companies have been adapting to increased home working
- See what technologies companies can deploy to help them
- Examine potential opportunities that remote working can provide
- Understand whether companies will adopt these changes in future
Reasons to Buy
- Can remote working be beneficial?
- Are companies struggling to adopt it?
- How can businesses deploy new technologies?
- Could efficiencies and budget savings be possible?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Industry Profile
Industry ProfileFlame Retardants Markets in China
Industry ProfileSituation of Major Competitor Companies
Industry ProfileEmirates Post Group Holding Market Share Study