Quarterly Beverage Tracker Third Quarter 2017: Norway
GlobalDatas Norway Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- Norways economy is currently experiencing moderate GDP growth, according to the latest government statistics for Q1-17
- The summer weather was average, and similar to 2016. It wasn't as warm as expected, so had some impact on consumption
- Juice consumption declined by 5% in Q3-17, it continues to be impacted by consumers cutting back on sugary drinks
- Nectars consumption growth was flat, but positive in Q3-17 as there was some innovation for Tines Sunniva brand
- Iced/RTD tea drinks suffered a further drop in consumption in Q3-17 even though there was some innovation from Tine IsTe. This could possibly be due to the less favorable summer weather
- Carbonates experienced a consumption downturn of around 1% in Q3-17. However, major innovation from Coca- Cola, and Sunniva Noisy, helped to improve what might have been a weaker performance given the average summer weather
- The water categories suffered declining consumption of just under 4% in Q3-17 due to the impact of average summer temperatures. However, the enhanced water category showed single-digit growth in Q3-17
- In the dairy category, white milk consumption was down by 1% in Q3-17, but there was good growth for flavored milk despite no major innovation during the quarter. Traditional fermented milk consumption was down 2% but drinking yoghurts continued to edge back in consumption in Q3-17 over shadowed by the much larger traditional fermented milk segment. Soymilk and also grain, nut, rice and seed milk alternatives continued to show positive growth in Q3-17, but from a small but growing base
- Beer consumption was fairly flat, but positive in Q3-17, while cider consumption was up by 6%
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Norway beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Norway to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 MARKET DRIVERS 5
5 Market Trends 7
5.1 Soft Drinks 7
5.1.1 Packaged Water 7
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
5.1.3 Carbonates 8
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 8
5.1.5 Flavored Water 9
5.1.6 Juice 9
5.1.7 Nectars 10
5.1.8 Still Drinks 10
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 10
5.1.10 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 11
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 11
5.1.12 Sports Drinks 12
5.1.13 Energy Drinks 12
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 13
5.3 Dairy Drinks 14
5.4 Hot Beverages 15
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 15
6.1 Distribution News 15
6.3 New Products & Photo Shots 15
7 Focus On Local Products: An Update On Soft Drinks With Country/Regional Provenance 18
8 Data Tables 19
9 Appendix 25
List of Tables
Table 1: Norway at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 19
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 20
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 21
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 22
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 23
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 24
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.