Quarterly Beverage Tracker Third Quarter 2017: Italy
GlobalDatas Italy Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- In Q2-17, GDP grew by 0.4% compared to Q1-17. The Bank of Italy forecast GDP to rise at a faster pace in Q3-17, thanks to the expansion in the service sector and in the non-construction industry
- Employment prospects are improving, particularly among young people, with youth unemployment in August down 2.2 percentage points compared to a year ago
- Although consumers remained very pessimistic in July 2017, consumer confidence registered an upswing of nearly 10 index points during the remainder of Q3-17
- Sales of soft drinks grew by over 5% during the quarter, principally driven, once again, by strong gains in packaged water, largely thanks to the favorable climatic conditions during July and August
- Sales of alcoholic drinks grew by 2%, largely thanks to the positive performance of beer, with demand boosted by the above average temperatures during July and August and the improving macro-economic environment
- Sales of dairy drinks decreased by 3%, mainly due to seasonal trends and the overall structural reduction in consumption of dairy drinks, in particular standard white milk
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Italy beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Italy to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 7
5.1 Soft Drinks 7
5.1.1 Packaged Water 7
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 8
5.1.3 Carbonates 8
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 9
5.1.5 Flavored Water 9
5.1.6 Juice 10
5.1.7 Nectars 10
5.1.8 Still Drinks 11
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 11
5.1.10 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 12
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 12
5.1.12 Sports Drinks 13
5.1.13 Energy Drinks 14
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 14
5.3 Dairy Drinks 15
5.4 Hot Beverages 16
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 17
6.1 Industry News 17
6.2 Distribution News 17
6.3 New Products & Photo Shots 18
7 Focus On Local Products: An Update On Soft Drinks With Country/Regional Provenance 19
8 Data Tables 21
9 Appendix 27
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 21
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 22
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 23
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 24
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 25
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 26
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.