Quarterly Beverage Tracker Third Quarter 2017: Austria
GlobalDatas Austria Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- In Q2-17 GDP grew by 2.6% compared to prior year, driven by dynamic exports, higher investment by companies and stable domestic demand
- Unemployment also fell to 5.4% in Q2-17. Unemployment amongst young people (15-24 years old) in particular declined by 1.9 percentage points compared to a year ago
- Soft drinks grew by just over 3%, principally driven by gains in the important packaged water category, thanks to above average temperatures during the important summer season which boosted consumption across all channels
- Sales of alcoholic drinks registered growth of 1%, mainly driven by increased sales of beer, thanks to the above average temperatures and extensive category promotions in modern retail
- Overall dairy drinks decreased by approaching 1%, mainly owing to lower consumption of white milk. Losses were, however, partially off-set by refreshing dairy drinks such as fermented milk and drinking yogurt which benefited from the above average temperatures
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Austria beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Austria to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 8
5.1 Soft Drinks 8
5.1.1 Packaged Water 8
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 8
5.1.3 Carbonates 9
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 9
5.1.5 Flavored Water 10
5.1.6 Juice 11
5.1.7 Nectars 11
5.1.8 Still Drinks 12
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 12
5.1.10 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 13
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 13
5.1.12 Sports Drinks 14
5.1.13 Energy Drinks 14
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 15
5.3 Dairy Drinks 16
5.4 Hot Beverages 18
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update 19
6.1 Industry News 19
6.2 Distribution News 19
6.3 New Products & Photo Shots 20
7 Focus On Local Products: An Update On Soft Drinks With Country/Regional Provenance 23
8 Data Tables 25
9 Appendix 31
List of Tables
Table 1: Austria at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 25
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 26
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 27
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 28
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 29
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 30
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.