Quarterly Beverage Tracker Second Quarter 2017: India
GlobalDatas India Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q2-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q2-2017 vs Q2-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q2-2017 vs Q2-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- The PET bottle crusher machine installed in ten local stations in Mumbai in Q1-17 has now been extended to 20 machines across Maharashtra
- Significantly fewer new product launches in Q2-17 due to the unpredictability of the GST (Goods and Service Tax) regime. However, there were a few launches that bucked this trend. Gluten-free aloe vera iced/RTD tea drinks launched in March by regional players due to a higher price and poor quality of ingredients. Cavinkare launches its iced/RTD coffee drinks in two variants including standardized milk with sugar and toned milk with low sugar in tier I cities. Patanjali, an ayurvedic based brand, launched a limited edition cold press juice in May in Ludhiana and Chandigarh as a test market. Aavin's carrot and banana milkshakes with added honey were launched in RGB packaging for INR25 in Q2-17
- Due to the expected zero tax for coconut water, more than ten regional players emerged in Gujarat with significant sales in 20cl PET under unregistered brand names in Q2-17
- New installations were frequent, such as Manpasand Agro installing a new unit in Sri City in Andhra-Tamilnadu border to manufacture all of its brands, along with a new line of 100% juice in mango. Amrutdhara installed an additional 15 units of 25 liter bubble top dispensing machines in small bus terminals in tier II cities of Jaipur, and extended its installations to Udaipur
- In Hyderabad, Rasna has introduced a 350g watermelon fruit powder with regular sugar range for INR 130. The low sugar range launched in Q1-17 by Rasna as a test market was discontinued due to poor response.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the India beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in India to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 6
5.1 Soft Drinks 6
5.1.1 Packaged Water 6
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
5.1.3 Carbonates 8
5.1.4 Enhanced Water 9
5.1.5 Flavored Water 9
5.1.6 Juice 10
5.1.7 Nectars 11
5.1.8 Still Drinks 12
5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 13
5.1.10 Fruit Powders 14
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 15
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 16
5.1.13 Sports Drinks 16
5.1.14 Energy Drinks 17
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 18
5.3 Dairy Drinks 19
5.4 Hot Beverages 21
6 Data Tables 22
7 Appendix 29
What is this Report About? 29
About GlobalData 30
Contact Us 30
List of Tables
Table 1: India at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 23
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 24
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 25
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 26
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 27
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 28
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.