Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2017: China
- May 2017
- 37 pages
GlobalDatas China Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- All commercial beverages remained in low single digit growth in Q1-17 thanks to the improved performance of soft drinks driving the category, in spite of alcohol and dairy categories slowing down
- Soft drinks registered a single digit growth in Q1-17, thanks to the recovery of the categories such as CSDs, fruit still drinks, and iced/RTD tea drinks, as well as robust growth in water
- As an emerging market, China is still expected to see a good year for commercial beverages with positive growth in most categories
- In response to increasing personal income, manufactures need to satisfy the diversified market demand via continuous products innovation
- Q1 remained the weak season for beer consumption due to fierce competition amongst brewers. Following a small recovery in Q4-16, Q1-17 barely maintained the volume, showing a 0.9% increase
- Whilst growth in the wine category slowed in Q1-17, spirits saw a growth rate of 3.9% due to New Years promotions
- FABs growth rate continued to slow down compared to the previous year due to overly fast growth in 2016 and a lack of detailed specification of industry standards
- The dairy market did not continue its recovery due to weak economic circumstances pushing manufacturers' focus from expansion to cutting costs instead
- In the equity market, two well known players, Mengniu and Huishan, achieved two very different results. One completed its acquisition whilst the other collapsed. Both reflected the tough time in the dairy industry
- Hot coffee recorded a growth of 17.4% in Q1-17, a small increase of 0.4 percentage points compared to Q1-16
- Due to increased consumption amongst young consumers, hot tea grew at a rate of 4.9%, a slight increase of 0.1 percentage points compared to Q1-16.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the China beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in China to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Beverages
Food & BeveragesGlobal and China Matcha Tea Powder Market Insights, Forecast to 2026