Protective Overlaminates Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
Protective Overlaminates Market: Overview
High quality printing and graphics have assumed a crucial role in customization these days, with customers desiring personalized designs for a unique appearance. Therefore, customization is being practiced in key industries, such as electrical & electronics, and the automotive industry. Protection and prolonging the life of the graphics has led to significant demand for protective overlaminates in the market.
To serve the durable labels market, there is a dire need for converters to produce labels that are attractive but also durable enough to last for the life of the product. Protective overlaminates are highly suitable for such applications and also allows the convertors to avoid material waste and downtime.
Key trend prevailing in the global protective overlaminates market is the use of antimicrobial technology to manufacture films. For example: Dunmore Corporation is manufacturing antimicrobial overlaminates that is bacterial resistant and is suitable for use in medical & healthcare vertical.
Exhibit 1 depicts how protective overlaminates have evolved over the period. Earlier varnishing was carried out on the label’s surface to protect the printing done on it. Then reverse subsurface printing came into existence wherein the graphic was printed was printed in reverse for increased durability. Reverse subsurface printing is expensive because of high cost of transfer tapes. Overlamination has been in use since long as it offers greater protection as compared to its counterparts.
Protective Overlaminates Market: Parent Market Outlook
Surface protection films market is the parent market of the protective overlaminates market. The market volume of surface protection films market was 323,270 tonnes in 2016. Also, Exhibit 2 below represents the regional share of the global surface protection films market.
Protective Overlaminates Market: Industry Developments
- The global protective over laminates market is a highly competitive one, and manufacturers focus on additional features aimed to increase convenience, to stay one step ahead of their competitors. For example: The new scotchcal overlaminates film launched by the 3M company aims at reducing the time, cost, and labor required for stripping and refinishing surfaces. The protective overlaminates are designed for use in airports, hospitals, classrooms, laboratories and other areas to protect entrances, floors, and bathroom surfaces, among others.
- Manufacturers of protective overlaminates are also focused on additional features for enhanced appearance, such as a selection of pearlescent and glittering starlight decorative overlaminates, to cater to their clients’ requirements.
Protective Overlaminates Market: Segmentation
The global protective overlaminates market is segmented in the basis of product type, material, application, and region.
On the basis of product type, the global protective overlaminates market is segmented into
- Calendared Laminates
- Cast Laminates
A key differentiation between the calendared and cast laminates is that calendared laminates are used for short term applications whereas cast laminates are meant to be used for a longer period of time.
On the basis of material, the global protective overlaminates market is segmented into
Materials other than PVC are gaining enormous traction in the market. As reported by 3M, a key player in the protective overlaminates market, a key trend observed in the market is the shift from PVC to more environment friendly materials.
On the basis of application, the global protective overlaminates market is segmented into
- Digital Prints
- Printed Graphics
- Promotional Signage
- Trade Show Signage
- Point of Sale Displays
The global protective overlaminates market has been divided into seven key regions –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APeJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Protective Overlaminates Market: Competition Landscape
Key players operating in the global protective overlaminates market are 3M Company, Arlon Graphics LLC, Avery Dennison Corporation, Piedmont Plastics, Catalina Graphic Films, Inc., ACPO Ltd., Seton Company, Inc., RTape Corporation, Tekra Corporation, and All Square Digital Solutions. North America is the major production hub of protective overlaminates as most of the key players operating in the market have their manufacturing location based in North America.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Packaging
PackagingChinese Markets for Industrial Packaging