The global cerebral spinal fluid management market is expected to witness moderate growth in the coming years.
The growth is predicted to be at a CAGR of 5.3% between 2021 to 2028, the market is expected to reach the valuation of USD 2.61bn by the end of 2028.
Researchmoz throws some light on the global cerebral spinal fluid management market including market size, drivers, restraints, trends, opportunities, market segmentation, and competitive landscape.
Lately, there has been a rise in the number of brain surgeries, globally, the increase in such surgeries is paving the way for the expansion of the global cerebral spinal fluid management market.
With the onset of the covid-19 pandemic, the market went through a dull period as surgeries had to be delayed and covid treatment was put on high priority.
As the world is regaining its grip on the economies, the global cerebral spinal fluid market is finding its place back in the medical sector.
Factors Driving and Restraining the Market
Some of the determinants that drive the global cerebral spinal fluid management market are-
- Increasing cases of meningitis are anticipated to boost the market for cerebral spinal fluid, owing to its use in the diagnosis of meningitis.
- The growing geriatric population and neurovascular disorders associated with old age are projected to expand cerebral spinal fluid management during the forecast period.
- Increasing cases of congenital hydrocephalus among babies are expected to amplify growth in the global cerebral spinal fluid management market in the next few years.
- The rising cases of brain tumours across the globe are expected to drive the demand for cerebral spinal fluid management.
- The increasing investments in research and development in the area of cerebral spinal fluid management is likely to push the growth in the market.
- The grants especially for research in neuromodulation therapies and cure is anticipated to stimulate the expansion of the cerebral spinal fluid management market.
There are certain challenges in the global cerebral spinal fluid management market which may act as restraints during the forecast period.
- The lack of trained professionals to handle cerebral spinal fluid devices may hinder the growth of the market.
- Further, the fear of side effects and the high cost of such surgeries is expected to hamper the expansion of the cerebral spinal fluid management market in the forecast period.
However, the increasing cases of rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps is expected to navigate the cerebral spinal fluid management market to swell up in the near future.
- The global cerebral spinal fluid management market is predicted to grow steadily, registering a growth a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period 2021 to 2028.
- The innovation and technology to stimulate the market expansion in the coming years.
- Novel molecular and cellular biology insights are challenging the traditional concepts of cerebral spinal fluid, thus leading to amplification of the global cerebral spinal fluid management market during the forecast period.
- Antinuclear antibodies in the geriatric population could lead to intensified demand for cerebral spinal fluid in the coming years.
- The market is evolving back from the negative impacts of covid and is set to thrive back in the medical sector.
- The shunt segment is expected to witness high sales in the global cerebral spinal fluid management market, owing to its ability to take out excess fluid from the brain and pass it on to the abdomen, so that it gets absorbed in the abdomen.
- Further, due to rising cases of congenital hydrocephalus in infants, the paediatric segment is expected to bolster the demand for cerebral spinal fluid management during the forecast years.
- The major share in the market is likely to be held by the Asia Pacific, owing to the rising population, growing geriatric population, better healthcare infrastructure, and increasing medical tourism.
The presence of many players in the market makes the global cerebral spinal fluid management competitive.
The major players in the market are busy strategizing on business expansion, innovative product launches, collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions to amplify the market position, profitability, and business portfolio.
The major players in the global cerebral spinal fluid management are-
- Integra Life Sciences
- BeckerSmith Medical
- DePuy Synthes Companies (Johnson & Johnson)
- BeckerSmith Medical
- The global cerebral spinal fluid is likely to prosper moderately during the forecast period.
- The rising trend in geriatric related neurological disorders is witnessed and it may push the market to grow in the coming years.
- Babies with congenital hydrocephalus disorder have shown a surge over the years and as per the market experts, the paediatric ward of the hospitals bolsters the demand for cerebral spinal fluid management in the coming years.
- In the end-users, the hospitals are expected to observe such cases due to advanced health care facilities.
- The Asia Pacific, especially developing economies is projected to mature with high demand for cerebral spinal fluid.
- Research and development are underway, and novel therapies and technological innovations in the coming years may thrive in the global cerebral spinal fluid management market in the future.
Product Disposition (Revenue in USD million)
- CSF Shunts
- Adjustable CSF Shunts
- Fixed CSF Shunts
- CSF Drainage Systems
- Lumbar Drainage System
- Ventricular Drainage System
Application Disposition (Revenue in USD million)
End-User Disposition (Revenue in USD million)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Neurological Centres
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)