The global bone densitometer market is expected to exhibit growth at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2021 to 2030, reaching a valuation of USD 57.42bn by 2030.
Rising cases of osteopenia and the risk of developing post the age of 50 are driving the market.
ResearchMoz shares a comprehensive report on the global bone densitometer market inclusive of size, competitive edge, regional growth, threats and opportunities.
Bone Health Awareness Drives the Bone Densitometer Market
According to the American Osteoporosis Foundation, about 10 million people are affected by osteoporosis in the United States. It makes the bones fragile and results in fractures without even any symptoms. The risk of developing osteoporosis increases with age, lately, there has been a good awareness being spread about it from healthcare associations. This growing awareness and increasing importance being given to bone health are leading to the expansion of the global bone densitometer market. BMD measurement is necessary for diagnosing osteoporosis and osteopenia. It provides detailed images of the bones and depicts any structural abnormalities or defects in the bones.
Product Approvals to Bolsters Demand
Increasing product approvals from FDA are leading to the growing demand for bone densitometers. The increasing importance of healthcare and technological advancements has led to improved products such as DEXA scan, which are further resulting in the higher demand for bone densitometers.
The high cost of this equipment and devices may impede the market during the forecast period.
However, increasing healthcare expenditure is the major driving force in the growth of this market.
- The adoption of bone densitometer is growing due to its use in various orthopaedic treatments and diagnoses.
- Ultrasound densitometers are gaining traction owing to their comparative advantage over conventional methods.
- The risk of developing osteopenia and osteoporosis is driving the market majorly.
- The increasing geriatric population base is the primary driver for the growth of this market.
- The continuous technology advancement in blood densitometers is helping this market to grow significantly.
The market is also propelled by technological advancements, growth in awareness about bone densitometry, rising government initiatives and subsidies for the same, an increasing number of R&D activities and the presence of a large number of new players
Asia Pacific market will grow significantly due to the growing patient pool and improved healthcare facilities in developing countries. Growing awareness and expenditure toward bone health are factors driving the growth of this region.
ResearchMoz shares a detailed market analysis of the global bone densitometer market including the market strategies adopted by the key players.
In a bid to gain a competitive edge in the bone densitometer market, a number of players have been focusing on product launches, mergers & acquisitions and partnerships. The bone densitometer market is marked by intense competition among established players as well as new entrants. These companies are adopting strategies such as product launches, mergers & acquisitions and partnerships to enhance their product portfolios and strengthen their market positions.
The prominent players in the market include
- DMS Imaging
- Swissray International, Inc.
- Xingaoyi Medical Equipment Co. Ltd.
- Eurotec Medical Systems srl
- Scanflex Healthcare AB
- Trivitron Healthcare
- Medonica Co. LTD
- OsteoSys Corp
- CyberLogic, Inc.
- Osteometer MediTech
- CompuMed, Inc.
- Echolight S.p.a.
- Eurotec Medical Systems SRL.
- The growing geriatric population and rising awareness about the importance of early diagnosis are expected to propel market growth.
- North America is the largest market for bone densitometers in terms of revenue.
- The global bone densitometers market is projected to grow steadily during the forecast period owing to the increasing incidence of various bone-related diseases worldwide.
- The rising prevalence of osteoporosis and osteopenia in elderly people is an important factor driving the market growth. Osteoporosis is a condition characterized by weak and brittle bones, which leads to an increased risk of fractures.
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia Diagnosis
- Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis
- Body Composition Measurement
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis
- DXA Systems
- Peripheral Bone Densitometers
- Radiographic absorptiometry scanners
- Quantitative ultrasound scanners
- Hospitals & Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic & Imaging Centers
- Other End Users
- South Korea
Middle East & Africa (MEA)