The global adaptive optics market is anticipated to witness a humongous growth at 40.8% CAGR during the forecast years 2017 to 2027.
Though the covid – 19 pandemics had negative effects on the global adaptive optics market, the market is all set to bounce back with more resilience.
Although adaptive optics technology was introduced in the 1950s to cater to the military and defence sector, now its application is found in many industries.
The rising demand in ophthalmology and retinal imaging in order to reduce optical aberrations is anticipated to drive the global adaptive optics press release.
Researchmoz throws light on the market dynamics including the size, trends, opportunities, restraints, drivers, segmentation, competitive edge, etc.
Factors Driving and Restraining the Market
The factors driving the global adaptive optics market are –
- The rising demand for manufacturing and spectroscopy is likely to bolster the demand for adaptive optics during the forecast period.
- Adaptive optics finds its applications to reduce incoming wavefront distortion in the laser-based weapons at the war front, owing to growth in the global adaptive optics in the following years.
- Adaptive optics helps in observing the clearer image of astronomical objects which otherwise would look much faint from the ground, owing to the expansion of the global adaptive optics market in the coming years.
- The trend of using adaptive optics for data storage is anticipated to provide impetus to the growth opportunities in the global adaptive optics market during the forecast period.
The factor restraining the global adaptive optics market includes-
- The technical complexity associated with adaptive optics and stringent regulations is anticipated to hamper the growth of the global adaptive optics market during the forecast period.
However, the increasing adoption of adaptive optics for long-range target identifications in military and defence applications might bolster the opportunities for the global adaptive optics markets to grow during the forecast period.
The global adaptive optics market is projected to witness a staggering growth in the forecast period, registering a CAGR of 40.8%, and an estimated value of USD 2,190.9 Mn by 2023.
The label-free optical microscopy is gaining traction as a non-invasive tool in biological imagining is likely to push the growth opportunities in the global adaptive optics market during the forecast period.
The wavefront technology has been able to develop wavefront sensors to help in refractory surgical procedures, owing to the expansion of the global adaptive optics market in the following years.
Among the end-users, the astronomy sector is expected to thrive, owing to its benefit in improving the resolution by minimizing disturbances.
Sensor component is projected to hold a major share in the global adaptive optics market due to their application in various sectors such as biomedicals, military and defence, astronomy, etc.
North America is projected to hold a prominent position in the global adaptive optics market, owing to huge demand coming from the military and defence sector, and rising research and development investment.
Alongside, Asia Pacific is expected to witness remarkable growth in the global adaptive optics market, owing to demand from the astronomical sector and biomedical sector.
The global adaptive optics market is concentrated, owing to less number of players, however, the growing trend of some companies offering rental services is expected to expand the market during the forecast period.
Some of the players in the market are-
- Phasics SA
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Baker Adaptive Optics
- AgilOptics, Inc.
- EOS Technologies
- Flexible Optical BV
- Boston Micromachine Corporations
- Imaging Optics SA
- Robust growth in the adaptive optics market is expected to be seen from astronomy and military and defence sectors.
- The market is expected to witness a stupendous growth during the forecast period.
- North America to hold a huge share in the global adaptive optics market.
- The global adaptive optics market is consolidated in nature.
Component Types (USD Revenue in Millions)
- Control Systems
End Users Disposition (USD Revenue in Millions)
- Military and Defence
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America