Physician Perspectives 2017: Biosimilar use in IBD
This Physician Perspectives survey focuses on the use of biosimilar anti-TNFs in IBD.
In the next 12 months, nearly half of physicians stated that they would consider switching Remicade patients (in remission) over to biosimilar IFX. A large proportion of physicians reported that their patients have at least occasionally expressed concern (rated >3) over being switched onto a biosimilar anti-TNF from an originator anti-TNF (67%) or being prescribed a biosimilar anti-TNF (54%). Overall, the majority of physicians agreed that they would require a biosimilar to be designated as interchangeable before considering switching patients from an originator to a biosimilar (67%).
The report includes following topics -
- Familiarity with biosimilar IFX
- Expected use of biosimilars - IFX & ADA
- Concerns with biosimilars
- Switching & Interchangeability.
- Sociable Pharma conducted an online survey in Q4 2017, with 100 specialist gastroenterologists
- Physicians interviewed were from 5EU and US countries This report contains the findings from the survey, together with analysis, as well as an overview of the methodology used, and responder demographics.
Reasons to buy
- Qualitative insight from 100 high-prescribing specialists in IBD
- Includes insight & recommendations from our disease-specific healthcare analysts
- Utilizes independent expert viewpoints to validate the impact of emerging trends on management of IBD
- Provides cost-effective support for your advisory boards, with topics acting as a catalyst for further expert discussion.
Table of contents
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.