Philippines Cards and Payments-Opportunities and Risks to 2023
- March 2020
- 53 pages
GlobalDatas 'Philippines Cards and Payments - Opportunities and
Risks to 2023' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in
the Philippines cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes
for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash,
cards, and cheques during the review-period (2015-19e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2019e-23f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Philippines cards and payments industry, including
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Philippines cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Philippines cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- In April 2018, the central bank launched an instant payment service - InstaPay, under the National Retail Payment System (NRPS) framework - in an effort to boost electronic payments. The service is available 24/7, 365 days. Users can transfer funds up to PHP50,000 ($952.56) per transaction instantly. The service can be availed by individuals, businesses, and government agencies having savings, current or e-money accounts with participating banks. The service can be accessed through mobile banking apps or internet banking services. As of November 30, 2019, there were 45 participants in the InstaPay service. Furthermore, the central bank launched the National QR Code Standard - QR Ph, in November 2019, enabling merchants to accept electronic payments. The funds are transferred through InstaPay.
- To foster healthy competition in the Filipino credit card market, the central bank approved the new Philippine Credit Card Industry Regulation Law in May 2018, which is intended to ensure safe, efficient and fair business conduct. The law comes with Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) that are set to allow new players, other than banks, their affiliates and subsidiaries, into the credit card market. The entry of new organizations is expected to result in transparent and competitive interest rates, innovative products and enhanced services. In addition, the new IRR tackles customer concerns associated with credit cards, including the transparency of charges and fees, unfair collection practices, immediate payments posting, consumer data confidentiality, and the fast resolution of complaints and disputed transactions.
- To boost electronic payments in the Philippines, international payment solutions are making an entry into the market. GrabPay is a digital payment solution launched by Grab in the Philippines in October 2018. The solution allows users to pay for in-store payments by scanning the merchant's QR code. It also allows users to make payments on online stores and apps and funds transfers and bill payments. Popular alternative payment solutions such as PayPal and Masterpass are also present in the market.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Philippines cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Philippines cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Philippines cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Philippines.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Philippines cards and payments industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020