Personalization in Travel and Tourism (2020)-Thematic Research
- December 2020
- 36 pages
Developments in traveler maturity and expectations, alongside exposure to technological advancements outside of the tourism space are driving demand for an uptake in increasingly tailored services. Personalization is described as the act of tailoring an experience or communication to an individual based on learned information and is now deemed a critical theme across the travel sector. It has long been a buzzword within the travel and tourism sector as each industry ultimately aims to offer tourists the perfect experience.
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at the role of personalization within the travel and tourism sector today. The report looks at both customer and company trends related to the theme, then offering an array of case studies analyzing how companies are opting to curate the ultimate personalized experience for the next generation of travelers. This is followed by an extensive industry analysis looking at the development of this theme, the impacts and offers critical recommendations for companies to be successful today.
Post COVID-19 travel brands are going to have to be more flexible and transparent than ever to help heal consumer confidence. Yet if the combination between personal privacy and leveraging insights is right, there is opportunity for a winning personalization strategy which in turn can offer greater value and memorable experiences to customers alongside increasing brand loyalty, ROI and positive WOM (brand recognition) - a lucrative offering in light of this pandemic.
- Surrounded by personalized services in their everyday lives, it is not surprising that individuals are likely to expect nothing less in their travel experiences. In order to make headway in the hyper-competitive market place, personalization is likely to be a powerful differentiator in future company strategies.
- As the technology and travel sector become ever more entwined it becomes increasingly relevant that themes such as Big Data, AI, IoT and the Cloud will be driving major changes. Tech advancements are only going to heighten the levels of personalization a company can integrate into its offering to service the next generation of tourists.
- A service based field, the end goal for all involved within the travel and tourism sector is to provide a satisfactory experience. Companies who hold a winning personalization strategy also have the ability to optimize operational efficiency, understand each customer, smartly allocate marketing budgets, and unlock more precise campaign targeting.
- Instead of assuming what customers want, all companies now need to place greater emphasis on data and strategic analysis to fully understand customers on an individual, trip-by-trip basis.
- Travel companies must get past looking at simply getting travelers from one destination to another but think about collecting information to build a 360 view of each individual customer. The tourism sector is based upon offering services and in-personalization techniques should inherently, not be forgotten.
- This thematic report acknowledges how personalization has developed and why it will continue to play a critical role in the travel and tourism sector today, identifying the leaders and laggards within this theme.
- Key trends identify customer sentiment towards personalization and how companies are actively working towards building a winning personalization strategy.
- Several key case studies are included looking at the use of personalization across the travel and tourism supply chain identifying how and why major players are investing into this theme.
- The impacts of personalization are then discussed to identify how this pivotal theme has changed and will continue to change the travel sector today.
- A series of recommendations are then laid out to inform companies on areas that should be considered when adopting this critical theme.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand how personalization has developed over time and how it will continue to be a critical factor within the company strategies.
- Access what technologies travel companies are utilizing to create winning personalization strategies, deepening their understanding of todays traveler.
- GlobalDatas thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
- There are notable examples of how companies across the travel and tourism supply chain are integrating personalization into corporate strategies to effectively service travelers today and therefore all (airlines, intermediaries, lodging providers, cruise operators, airports, etc). should buy this report to fully understand how personalization will continue to be a key theme for future development.
- Understand the impacts of personalization and identify the leaders and laggards within this theme to curate your own strategy effectively.
- Discover recommendations that will help your company effectively service the next generation of travelers through investing into the right technologies and aspiring to offer that ultimate seamless experience.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.