GlobalData, the industry analysis specialists new report, Periodontal Disease Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 is an essential source of information and analysis on the global periodontal disease market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global periodontal disease market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global periodontal disease sector. The global periodontal disease market was valued at $1,248m in 2009 and is characterized by efficacious dental procedures such as scaling, root planing and surgery. The periodontal therapeutics market comprises Local Applied Antibodies (LAAs) and systemic applied antibodies. The influx of new drugs and the increase in the uptake of LAAs will the drive the market in the forecast period. The various phases of the developmental pipeline contain 19 molecules. Of these, only five are in Phase III and the rest are in the early stages of development. The pipeline consists of no new antibiotics. The combinations of the tetracylines are expected to improve the efficacy of the treatment. However, the drug is similar in nature to doxycyclines. The entry of cost effective drugs in the forecast period is expected to aid the market growth.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
The report provides information on the key driver and challenges of the global periodontal disease market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global periodontal disease market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action include tetracycline antibiotics, osteoblast stimulators and anti-inflammatories, H+/K+ ATPase inhibitors; cell wall synthesis inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global periodontal disease market. The key market players covered are Kaken Pharmaceutical, Fibrocell Science, Inc., Tolmar Inc., Orapharma and Combinatorx, Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for the future periodontal disease market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global periodontal disease market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global periodontal disease market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global periodontal disease market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table Of Contents
1 Table of contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 3
2 Global Periodontal Disease: Market Characterization 4
2.1 Overview 4
2.1.1 Treatment Options 5
2.2 Periodontal Disease Market Size 6
2.3 Periodontal Disease Market Forecast and CAGR 7
2.4 Drivers and Barriers for the Periodontal Disease Market 9
2.4.1 Drivers for the Periodontal Disease Market 9
2.4.2 Barriers for the Periodontal Disease Market 9
2.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 10
2.6 Key Takeaway 11
3 Global Periodontal Disease Market: Competitive Assessment 12
3.1 Overview 12
3.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 12
3.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Periodontal Disease Market 13
3.3.1 Periostat (Doxycycline Hyclate) 13
3.3.2 Arestin (minocycline hydrochloride microspheres) 14
3.3.3 Periochip (chlorhexidine gluconate) 15
3.3.4 Atridox (doxycycline hyclate 10%) 15
3.4 Key Takeaway 17
4 Global Periodontal Disease Market: Pipeline Assessment 18
4.1 Overview 18
4.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 18
4.3 Periodontal Disease Market Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 20
4.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 20
4.4.1 Minocycline HCl 20
4.4.2 Trafermin (bFGF: Basic fibroblast growth factor) 20
4.5 Periodontal Disease Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 21
4.5.1 Periodontal Disease Phase III Clinical Pipeline 22
4.5.2 Periodontal Disease Phase II Clinical Pipeline 22
4.5.3 Periodontal Disease Phase I Clinical Pipeline 23
4.5.4 Periodontal Disease Preclinical Pipeline 23
4.6 Key Takeaway 23
5 Global Periodontal Disease Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 24
6 Global Periodontal Disease Syndrome Market: Future Players 25
6.1 Introduction 25
6.2 Fibrocell Sciences, Inc 25
6.2.1 Company Overview 25
6.2.2 Business description 25
6.3 Orapharma 26
6.3.1 Company Overview 26
6.3.2 Business Description 26
6.4 Tolmar Inc 26
6.4.1 Company Overview 26
6.4.2 Business Description 26
6.5 Kaken Pharmaceutical 27
6.5.1 Overview 27
6.5.2 Business Description 27
6.6 Eli Lilly & Company 28
6.6.1 Company Overview 28
6.6.2 Business Description 28
7 Periodontal disease Market: Appendix 30
7.1 Definitions 30
7.2 Scope of Pipeline Research 30
7.3 Acronyms 30
7.4 Research Methodology 31
7.4.1 Coverage 31
7.4.2 Secondary Research 31
7.4.3 Forecasting 32
7.4.4 Primary Research 35
7.4.5 Expert Panels 35
7.5 Contact Us 35
7.6 Disclaimer 35
7.7 Sources 36
List of Table
Table 1:Various Types of Medications Employed in Treating the Periodontal Disease 6
Table 2: Periodontal Disease, Global, Historical Revenue ($m), 2001-2009 7
Table 3: Periodontal Disease, Global, Forecasted Reveune ($m), 2009-2016 8
Table 4: Major Marketed Products Comparison in Periodontal Disease Market, 2010 16
Table 5: Periodontal Disease Most Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 20
Table 6: Periodontal Disease Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 22
Table 7 Periodontal Disease Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 22
Table 8 Periodontal Disease Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 23
Table 9: Periodontal Disease Preclinical Pipeline, 2010 23
Table 10: Fibrocell Sciences, Inc Periodontal disease Pipeline Product Portfolio, 2010 26
Table 11: Orapharma Periodontal Disease Pipeline Product Portfolio, 2010 26
Table 12: Tolmar, Inc - Periodontal Disease Pipeline Product Portfolio, 2010 27
Table 13: Kaken Pharmaceutical Periodontal Pipeline Product Portfolio, 2010 28
Table 14: Eli Lilly Periodontal Disease Pipeline Product Portfolio, 2010 29
List of Chart
Figure 1: Periodontal Disease, Global, Historical Revenue ($m), 2001-2009 7
Figure 2: Periodontal Disease, Global, Forecasted Revenue ($m), 2009-2017 8
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Periodontal Disease Market, 2010 10
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment, 2010 13
Figure 5: Pipeline Products by Phase of Development, 2010 18
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytics Frame Work, 2010 19
Figure 7: Technology Trends Analytics Frame Work Description, 2010 19
Figure 8: Periodontal Disease Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 21
Figure 9: Periodontal Disease Market Clinical Pipeline by Phase of Development, 2010 21
Figure 10: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Periodontal Disease Market, 2010 24
Figure 11: Periodontal Disease Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 25
Figure 12: GlobalData Methodology, 2010 31
Figure 13: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model, 2010 34