Payments Landscape in the Czech Republic: Opportunities and Risks to 2022
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in the Czech Republic: Opportunities and Risks to 2022", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, cheques, and direct debits during the review-period (2014-18e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018e-22f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, cards, cheques, and cash. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- To regulate services defined under the Second Payment Service Directive (PSD2), the Czech Open Banking Standard was created by the Czech Banking Association. The service allows banks customers to give other companies permission to securely access their accounts. A number of banks such as Bank CREDITAS, CSAS (part of Erste Bank), SOB (part of KBC Bank), Air Bank, Komern Banka (member bank of Socit Gnrale Group) and Equa Bank are offering open banking services in the country.
- To offer convenient and faster payments, in November 2018 the Czech National Bank, the countrys central bank, launched an instant payment scheme. The system enables Czech individuals to transfer up to CZK400,000 ($17,805.28) instantly 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. As of March 2019, CSAS, Banka CREDITAS and Air Bank have joined this system, offering services to their customers.
- Contactless payments are gaining popularity in the Czech Republic. According to the Czech Bank Card Association, Czechs used contactless payment card or mobile payments for 853 million times in 2018, in comparison to 638 million times in 2017. To complement the growth in contactless payments, payments facilitated through wearable technology are being introduced in the Czech Republic. Garmin Pay, developed by the manufacturer of wearables and mobile GPS products, Garmin, allows users to make contactless payments using the Garmin Smartwatch. The payment method was launched in the Czech Republic in collaboration with Moneta Money Bank, Visa and Mastercard in September 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in the Czech Republic.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.