Payments Landscape in the Czech Republic: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in the Czech Republic: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, direct debit, credit transfers, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cheques, direct debit, credit transfers, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- In December 2017, Czech National Bank (the countrys central bank) announced a plan to introduce a nationwide instant fund transfer system by the end of 2018. The system will enable Czech individuals to transfer up to CZK400,000 ($18,792.09) instantly 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. According to the central bank, approximately one third of banks operating within the country were keen to participate in the project as of December 2017. The test phase will begin in the second half of 2018.
- To capitalize on the growing acceptance of alternative payment solutions in the country, Google launched Android Pay (now Google Pay) in November 2017, enabling consumers to conduct contactless in-store transactions via Android phones. The solution is compatible with Visa and Mastercard payment card offered by J&T Banka, mBank, Komern banka, and MONETA Money Bank. In August 2016, eskoslovensk obchodn banka (SOB) collaborated with electronic payments provider SIA to launch the NaNkupy mobile wallet, allowing users to make NFC payments. In November 2016, Mastercard collaborated with Shell Czech Republic to enable customers to pay using the Masterpass QR code feature at Shell fuel stations.
- The digital-only banking model is slowly entering the Czech market. In November 2017, Cetelem (a BNP Paribas Personal Finance brand) introduced mobile-only bank Hello bank!, which offers a comprehensive banking product portfolio, including a Mastercard-branded debit card. The emergence of digital-only banks is likely to further accelerate the growth of electronic payments.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in the Czech Republic.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Czech Republic's cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.