Payments Landscape in Slovakia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in Slovakia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Slovakian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, payment cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Slovakian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Slovakian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, cheques, cash, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Slovakian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Contactless technology is gaining traction in Slovakia, with all leading banks in the country now offering cards with contactless functionality. To benefit from the growing adoption of contactless, banks in Slovakia are also launching contactless mobile payment services. The latest of these is the November 2016 expansion of Tatra bankas MobilePay app in collaboration with Visa. The solution allows users to store their debit and credit cards within the app and make contactless payments at partnered merchants using their mobile phone.
- Payment service providers are launching innovative solutions to offer convenient payments. To promote electronic fund transfers, in August 2017 PayPal partnered with Skype to allow its users to send and receive money through the Skype app. The service was launched in over 20 countries, including Slovakia. In December 2015, Mastercard collaborated with CSOB to launch Masterpass in Slovakia. The payment solution allows users to pay from a list of pre-stored card and shipping information. The service offers merchants a faster and easier way to process payments and helps decrease checkout abandonment rates.
- The advent of mobile-only banks is likely to accelerate a shift towards electronic payments in Slovakia. Germany-based bank N26 launched a mobile-only bank in Slovakia in December 2015, allowing consumers to conduct banking transactions via their mobile phones. Account holders are offered a prepaid Mastercard that can be used to make payments in stores and online. In June 2017, 365 Bank - a Slovakia-based mobile-only bank - announced plans to launch its banking operations in early 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Slovakian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Slovakian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Slovakian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Slovakia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Slovakian cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.