Payments Landscape in Saudi Arabia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in Saudi Arabia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, payment cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, payment cards, credit transfers, cheques, and direct debit. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- The gradual adoption of contactless payments is fostering the use of payment cards at the POS. Riyad Bank launched the countrys first contactless card in September 2015, transforming its entire card portfolio to contactless technology. In addition, in April 2016 National Commercial Bank (NCB) transferred its entire credit card portfolio to contactless technology. To further boost electronic payments, SAMA launched a contactless payment service called Mada Atheer in November 2016, allowing Mada card holders to conduct low-value transactions by waving their card at POS terminals. In February 2018, SAMA announced its plan to extend the contactless functionality to smart devices. Consequently, in March 2018 Riyad Bank partnered with payment technology provider Gemalto to launch Saudi Arabias first contactless payment wristband.
- To provide convenient payments for online transactions, in April 2016 SAMA introduced an e-payment service called the SADAD Account, providing a direct link between bank accounts and online merchants. The service enables consumers to facilitate online payments by directly debiting their SADAD Account and transferring the amount to the merchants account. Upon opening a SADAD Account with a participating bank, consumers are provided with a username and password that can be used when shopping at member stores. Banks including NCB, Samba Financial Group, Riyad Bank, Saudi British Bank, AlJazira Bank, Al Rajhi Bank, Arab National Bank, Saudi Investment Bank, and Banque Saudi Fransi currently offer the service.
- The growth potential in the e-commerce market has encouraged investors to set up new online platforms. In November 2016 a group of investors from the UAE, led by businessman Mohamed Alabbar and Saudi Arabias Public Investment Fund, collectively announced the launch of Noon.com, one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the Arab world offering 20 million products. The platform was officially launched in December 2017. The rise in e-commerce transactions is expected to drive electronic payments in the country.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Saudi Arabia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.