Payments Landscape in Poland: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in Poland: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Polish cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debit, cash, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Polish cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Polish cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, cheques, direct debit, cash, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Polish cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Poland was one of Europes early adopters of contactless technology, and Polish consumers are among the highest users of contactless payments. The technology is gaining prominence in Poland, with all major banks including PKO Bank Polski, mBank, Bank Zachodni WBK, and Bank Pekao now offering contactless cards. With the growing number of retailers in Poland accepting contactless payments, plans are in place for all POS terminals to support the technology by the end of 2017. At the end of Q2 2016, more than 85% of POS terminals in Poland accepted contactless payments. Contactless technology is also being extended for cash withdrawals.
- With Polish consumers being enthusiastic adopters of new technologies, payment solution providers have launched new solutions in the market. The latest is the launch of Android Pay by Google in November 2016, supported by Alior Bank, Bank Zachodni WBK, and T-Mobile Banking Services. However, the most significant development was the launch of Blik, a mobile payments service, in February 2015. Blik was formed by the Polish Payment Standard, a company set up by six Polish banks: Alior Bank, Millennium Bank, Bank Zachodni WBK, mBank, ING Bank lski, and PKO Bank Polski. Blik enables consumers to pay with their mobile devices instore and online, and also enables peer-to-peer (P2P) transfers.
- To offer a convenient and faster checkout option for online shoppers, in May 2017 Visa launched Visa Checkout in Poland. The solution stores users payment and shipping details and provides faster checkout on partner merchants websites or apps. Earlier in August 2015 PayPal expanded its One Touch instant checkout service to Poland, which can be activated from the PayPal website and used to skip the login process at eligible websites to accelerate the payment process. Earlier in July 2014, Mastercard launched Masterpass in Poland, allowing consumers to shop online using pre-registered credit or debit cards and a personal shipping address.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Polish cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Polish cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Polish cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Poland.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Polish cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.