Payments Landscape in New Zealand: Opportunities and Risks to 2020
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in New Zealand: Opportunities and Risks to 2020", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in New Zealand's cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debit, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2012-16e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2016-20f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into New Zealand's cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in New Zealand's cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, cheques, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Alternative payments are gaining traction among New Zealanders with the emergence of a number of payment options, with the most notable launches being Apple Pay in October 2016 and Android Pay in December 2016. Apple Pay enables users to make contactless in-store, in-app, and browser payments. In October 2017, BNZ collaborated with Apple to become the second bank (after ANZ) to offer Apple Pay to its customers. In December 2015, Visa launched its Visa Checkout online payment service in New Zealand, allowing consumers to make payments using just a username and password, without the need to disclose card details for each transaction. Other prominent payment solutions - including PayPal, POLi, and Masterpass - are also available in New Zealand.
- New Zealands central bank and commercial banks are taking steps to offer faster payments. In April 2016 the Reserve Bank of New Zealand signed an agreement with Italian payment processor SIA to implement a real-time gross settlement system (RTGS), which is now in the developmental phase. And in October 2017 Westpac collaborated with real-time electronic payment and banking solutions provider ACI Worldwide to offer real-time payments in New Zealand. With the help of ACIs UP Immediate Payments solution Westpac revamped its retail banking payment system, moving payments from end-of-day batch settlement to real-time, instant clearing.
- To capitalize on the growth in e-commerce transactions in New Zealand, in July 2017 Co-operative Bank launched Online EFTPOS for its internet and mobile app users. The service enables consumers to pay for online transactions through their bank account by selecting the Online EFTPOS payment method. Once the user confirms the payment they receive an authorization message on their mobile banking app or internet banking.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to New Zealand's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in New Zealand.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.