Payments Landscape in Mexico: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
- October 2017
- Financial Services
- 56 pages
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in Mexico: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Mexican cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debit, cash, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Mexican cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Mexican cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, cheques, cash, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Mexican cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- To further enhance financial inclusion, Mexico joined the UNs Better Than Cash Alliance in June 2016. The move comes after the government introduced a national policy on financial inclusion to promote the use of electronic payments across the country and reduce the dependence on cash. With 86% of the 124.6 million population owning mobile phones, Better Than Cash Alliance aims to harness the popularity of mobile phones for digital payments.
- The uptake of alternative payments is gradually increasing in Mexico, with banks launching new solutions in the market. In partnership with Mastercard, Banamex launched its digital wallet, Banamex Wallet, in February 2016. The Android-compatible mobile app can be used to make contactless m-payments, which are authorized by a four-digit PIN. Users can add all Mastercard-branded credit cards to the wallet. Earlier in June 2014, BBVA Bancomer launched its mobile wallet BBVA Wallet in Mexico. The wallet allows secure NFC payments at merchant locations that accept contactless payments. Available on phones with Android 4.4 and above, other phones can use the wallet through NFC stickers.
- To combat fraudulent payment activities in Mexico, banks and scheme providers are taking a number of measures, with one example being Mastercards introduction of the Identity Check Mobile solution in November 2016. The solution allows card holders to verify online payment by scanning their fingerprint or taking a selfie. Unlike existing identity verification methods - which take shoppers away from a merchants website or mobile app and often require them to remember and enter a password - Mastercard Identity Check Mobile verifies the user via technologies such as biometrics and one-time passwords. Earlier in January 2015, Oberthur Technologies (OT) partnered with Mexican payment processing services provider Promocion y Operacin SA (PROSA) to launch OT Motion Code technology. With Motion Code the cards CVV code is replaced with a mini-screen on which the CVV code changes automatically at regular intervals, making it impossible for fraudsters to misuse.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Mexican cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Mexican cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Mexican cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Mexico.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Mexican cards and payments industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Financial Services
Financial ServicesChina Mobile Ad Spending Market Research Report 2017
Financial ServicesEurope Mobile Ad Spending Market Report 2017
Financial ServicesGlobal Mobile Ad Spending Sales Market Report 2017
Financial ServicesGlobal Luxury Travel Market Research Report 2017
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020