Payments Landscape in India: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
- October 2017
- Financial Services
- 55 pages
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in India: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Indian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debit, cash, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Indian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Indian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, cheques, cash, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Indian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- To tackle the issue of black money and counterfeit currency, the Indian government decided to cancel the INR500 and INR1,000 notes as legal tender from midnight of November 8, 2016; these are now being replaced with new notes. These notes accounted for more than 85% of the total currency in circulation in value terms, and the move has resulted in a shortage of cash as a result of logistical issues in making the new notes available. The shortage of cash is expected to encourage the use of payment cards and digital wallets in the country.
- Uptake of alternative payments among Indian consumers is gaining traction due to the availability of options such as PayPal, Paytm, FreeCharge, and airtel Money. Most recently, in March 2017 Samsung Pay entered the Indian market. Supporting banks and card issuers include Axis Bank, Citibank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India (SBI), Standard Chartered Bank, and American Express. Other digital wallets launched by banks include Pockets by ICICI Bank in February 2015 and Lime by Axis Bank in September 2015. The entry of new payment solutions is likely to intensify competition in Indias alternative payments market.
- The emergence of mobile-only banks is likely to further accelerate the shift towards electronic payments in India. Singapore-based DBS Bank launched Indias first mobile-only bank, digibank, in April 2016; the zero-balance savings account comes with a Visa debit card. Customers are entitled to an unlimited number of cash withdrawals, and are offered cashback and discounts on in-store and online purchases. Customers can open accounts at any of the banks partner outlets by providing their Aadhaar Card details and biometrics for authentication.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Indian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in Indian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Indian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in India.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Indian cards and payments industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Financial Services
Financial ServicesChina Mobile Ad Spending Market Research Report 2017
Financial ServicesEurope Mobile Ad Spending Market Report 2017
Financial ServicesGlobal Mobile Ad Spending Sales Market Report 2017
Financial ServicesGlobal Luxury Travel Market Research Report 2017
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020