Payments Landscape in France: Opportunities and Risks to 2022
- December 2018
- 76 pages
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in France: Opportunities and Risks to 2022", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the French cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debits, cash, cards, and cheques during the review-period (2014-18e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018e-22f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the French cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the French cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, cheques, cash, and cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the French cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- The European instant payments system, SCT Inst, was introduced in France in July 2018. The new system enables fund transfers up to 15,000 ($17,997.92) in real-time within 10 seconds. BPCE, a major French cooperative banking group (which includes the Banque Populaire and Caisse dEpargne networks), became the very first payment service provider in France to adhere to the new SCT Inst scheme.
- To further push the use of contactless cards, the French central bank increased the contactless card payment limit. Effective from October 2017, card holders can now make contactless payments up to 30 ($36) without the need to enter a PIN. Previously the limit had been set at 20 ($24). The increased limit will further push the use of payment cards for day-to-day low-value transactions. According to the French central bank, over 1.2 billion contactless payments were made in 2017.
- To benefit from the growing preference for alternative payments, banks and payment service providers are launching new payment solutions. For instance, in March 2018 Carrefour, a French retail giant, launched its mobile payment solution Carrefour Pay. The solution enables users to make contactless mobile payments using their NFC-enabled mobile phones. In addition to the 3,000 Carrefour stores in France, the solution can be used at all stores that accept contactless payments. In April 2018 Samsung also launched its mobile payment solution Samsung Pay in France. The solution allows users to make purchases using NFC and magnetic secure transmission technologies.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the French cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the French cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the French cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in France.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the French cards and payments industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.