Payments in the US 2017: What Consumers Want
- October 2017
- Financial Services
- 46 pages
"Payments in the US 2017: What Consumers Want", report examines the consumer payments market in the US, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. The report also examines the main regulatory players overseeing the market.
The US payment card market is highly mature and competitive, and features a wide range of card-issuing and alternative payment brands (including peer-to-peer [P2P], e-commerce, and mobile proximity payments). Consumers have a great deal of choice as a result, and there are a wide variety of specialized and generalist products available for consumers to use. However, this diversity has also led to a fragmented market in which alternative payment tools have struggled to gain market share over traditional options, and the one truly generalist tool available - cash - remains highly popular.
The report includes -
- Analyzes consumer attitudes to financial services by lifestage.
- Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in the US are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in the US by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- The market is highly mature and competitive due to its saturation, although the current transition to EMV chip technology continues to cause difficulties for merchants and consumers.
- Consumers in the US make extensive use of the online channel, with the average household spending over $4,700 online in 2015 (the fourth-highest average in the world, behind the UK, Sweden, and Denmark).
- US prepaid card market growth was supported by the Durbin Amendment, which reduced the amount of interchange revenue earned by banks for debit card transactions.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in the US.
- Learn what trends drive consumer behavior at the macro level and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market.
- Discover consumer sentiments towards various payment tools in the US market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Financial Services
Financial ServicesChina Mobile Ad Spending Market Research Report 2017
Financial ServicesEurope Mobile Ad Spending Market Report 2017
Financial ServicesGlobal Mobile Ad Spending Sales Market Report 2017
Financial ServicesGlobal Luxury Travel Market Research Report 2017
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020