Parkinsons Disease and Behavioral Complications: PD Therapies Dominate First-in-Class Pipeline, with Novel Target Classes Demonstrating Potential Disease-Modifying Effects
- May 2019
- 84 pages
Parkinsons disease (PD), a progressive neurological disorder that affects movement control, is associated with considerable quality of life impairments and burden of care, particularly in the advanced disease stages. Cognitive and behavioral complications of PD are common. PD-associated dementia and PD-associated psychosis are both highly prevalent and associated with a large disease burden.
There is a pressing unmet need within PD, PD-associated dementia, and PD-associated psychosis for more effective disease-modifying pharmacotherapies. Although current therapies can provide patients with symptomatic relief, there are no commercially available agents capable of preventing or slowing the course of PD or its behavioral complications. This report assesses innovation within the pipeline for PD and its behavioral complications.
- The PD pipeline is large, with 456 programs in active development. Far fewer products are in development for the behavioral complications of PD. There are 16 products in development for PD-associated dementia and six products in development for PD-associated psychosis. What proportion of these products across PD and PD behavioral complications are first in class? How does first-in-class innovation vary by development stage and molecular target class?
- Innovative molecular target groups identified in the pipeline include immunomodulators, neuroprotectants, and protein misfolding and aggregation. Which molecular target classes are prominently represented in the overall and first-in-class pipelines for PD and PD behavioral complications?
- There are 351 companies active across PD and PD behavioral complications. Which companies have the most first-in-class assets in development? Which companies are highly active in terms of licensing and co-development deals for first-in-class innovation?
Reasons to buy
-Understand the current disease landscape with an in-depth discussion of etiology, pathophysiology, disease classification and staging systems, epidemiology, and marketed therapies for PD. Overviews of PD-associated dementia and PD-associated psychosis are also provided.
- Analyze the pipelines for PD, PD-associated dementia, and PD-associated psychosis, and stratify them by stage of development, molecule type, and molecular target.
- Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class molecular targets. Using proprietary matrix assessments, first-in-class molecular targets for PD and PD-associated dementia have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential. A matrix assessment is not provided for PD-associated psychosis due to a lack of first-in-class innovation. Promising first-in-class targets for PD and PD-associated dementia have been reviewed in greater detail.
- Analyze company strategies in prior deals through case studies of key deals for PD first-in-class products, and recognize commercial opportunities by identifying first-in-class pipeline products that have not yet been involved in licensing or co-development deals.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Pharmaceutical
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Mental Illness Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Anti-Dermatomycosis Skin Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Incretion Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Hypertension Drugs
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareGlobal Bionic Ears Market Professional Survey Report 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareNeuropsychiatric Disorder Cluster Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareHepatitis Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017