Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey June-November 2018
- July 2018
- 58 pages
GlobalDatas "Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey June-November 2018", examines executives opinions on the business outlook and procurement activities over June-November 2018. Organizations can know about key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, and organizations digital transformation strategies. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and company types.
Amid increasing awareness regarding the environment and public health, growing demand for sustainable packaging, improved technology, and rising competition, packaging companies are looking forward to expanding in the current market, developing new products, and improving operational efficiency over the next six months. Moreover, companies are expected to gain significant growth opportunities from emerging markets (such as China, India, and Mexico) and developed markets (such as the US, Germany, and Canada) during June-November 2018. Additionally, 33% of respondents anticipate their companies' global procurement budget to range more than US$1 million during June-November 2018. Respondents are expecting mergers and acquisitions to increase within the packaging industry over the next six months.
Furthermore, survey reveals that Internet of Things (IoT) and APIs and digital platforms are the key emerging technologies that are expected to gain investment in the packaging industry over the next two years.
What else does this report offer?
- Key business priorities: examines the packaging companies important priorities for June-November 2018
- Emerging and developed markets: provides information about key emerging and developed markets which are expected to offer the significant growth over the next six months
- Change in M&A activity: analyzes packaging industry executives opinions on changes in merger and acquisition activity globally
- Business concerns: identifies major business concerns that are likely to impact manufacturers and suppliers
- Change in capital expenditure: tracks the expected change in capital expenditure both globally and regionally
- Change in procurement activities: evaluates how procurement activities will change in the packaging industry over the next six months
- Procurement budget outlook: projects procurement budget allocation along with changes in procurement expenditure over June-November 2018
- Supplier prices outlook: determines the expected change in supplier prices over June-November 2018
- Organizations digital transformation strategies: identifies executives perspectives towards the scope, barriers, and essentials of the digital transformation within the packaging industry
- Prevalence of emerging technology: determines the expected technology to gain investment among packaging companies over the next two years.
- Expansion in the current market, new product development, and improving operational efficiency are the top three priorities for the packaging companies over the next six months
- Cost containment and responding pricing pressure are projected to be the leading concerns for the packaging industry during June-November 2018
- In total, 66% of respondents expect either an increase or a significant increase in capital expenditure for new product development over the next six months, and 58% expect the same for machinery & equipment purchases over the same period
- Overall, 75% of respondents who operate in North America anticipate supplier prices will increase somewhat during the coming next six months
- Survey reveals that 42% of respondents identify insufficient funding, and 39% see lack of specific skills and talents, as the most critical barriers that hinder the digital transformation within the packaging industry.
Reasons to buy
- Highlights key business priorities thus helping packaging companies to realign business strategy
- Develop or adjust business expansion plans by using significant growth-offering emerging and developed markets
- Helps enterprises by providing the insights into the changes in procurement budget allocations through procurement budget projections anticipated by executives for June-November 2018
- Implement effective price management by viewing supplier price variations highlighted for the next six months
- Identify the scope, challenges, and essentials for the digital transformation within the packaging industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Packaging
PackagingChinese Markets for Industrial Packaging