OTT Video Content, Pricing, and Market Opportunity in Africa and the Middle East - 2019
- September 2019
- 21 pages
The OTT video market in AME features strong competition between regional brands such as Icflix, Shahid, OSNs Wavo, or BeIN Sports and international players such as Starz Play, Netflix, Amazon, and Google Play Videos. After launching in Africa and the Middle East in 2016, Netflix and Amazon are posing a growing threat to local OTT video operators with their rich content offerings. A diversified portfolio of original, local-language productions and foreign content will be a key competitive advantage helping OTT video service providers to gain more customers.
"OTT Video Content, Pricing, and Market Opportunity in Africa and the Middle East - 2019" is a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData that offers a detailed analysis of the SVoD video market in Africa and the Middle East. The report analyzes growth opportunities in the SVoD market, looking at the current state of play and examining the main growth drivers.
OTT video content and pricing strategy: This section provides an analysis of key content trends and pricing strategies used by players in the region.
SVoD forecast: This section examines more specifically the regions SVoD subscribers' market trends and forecast for Africa and the Middle East.
Key findings and recommendations: A summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators, OTT players, and regulators.
- From a regional perspective, countries in the MENA region have a relatively more developed SVoD market compared to that of SSA. Improving fixed and mobile broadband access supported by commercial 5G launches will enable OTT video consumption.
- The SVoD market in AME is diverse with a growing number of OTT players and partnerships emerging. OTT players in AME frequently use a blend of multi-lingual, original, and local content to attract consumers.
- A number of partnerships between telcos and OTT providers took place in last several years. For example, Viva Kuwait signed a partnership deal with Starz Play, allowing users to make purchases without the need for a credit card.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of over-the-top video (OTT) SVoD video market in the Africa and the Middle East market.
- The report investigates OTT video market and pay-TV trends and market overview, looking in particular at the various challenges and opportunities facing them, with examples from OTT providers in the region.
- The report discusses the state of the SVoD market, current trends and market dynamics of the leading OTT service providers in two countries. Key findings and recommendations are presented for the Africa and the Middle Eastern markets.
- Boasts of high presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, for the executive-level audience.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Technology
TechnologySelf-Service Technology Market: Current Scenario and Forecast (2020-2026): Emphasis on Product Type (Vending Machine, Automated Teller Machine, Kiosks), Vending Machine Type (Beverage, Candy, Snacks, Gumball, Cigarette), ATM Type (Conventional, Brown Label, White Label, Smart ATM, Cash Dispenser), Kiosks Type (Photo, DVD, Ticketing, HR& Employment, Patient Self Service, Information Providing, Banking & Financial, Specialized), Solution Type (Deployment, Managed Services) and Region/Country
TechnologyAsia-Pacific Smart Homes Technology Market: Insights and Forecast, 2018-2024: Emphasis on Application (Safety and Security, Smart Appliances, Heating Ventilating, Air Conditioning (HVAC), Home Entertainment, Smart Lighting Systems, Smart Energy Management), Technology (Wireless and Wired Smart Home Technology), End-Users (Residential and Commercials End-Users)