OpportunityAnalyzer: Fragile X Syndrome - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026
- January 2018
- 150 pages
In this report, GlobalData analyzes the nuances of the Fragile X Syndrome (FXS) treatment landscape and provides detailed insights into the market dynamics of this highly competitive space. The analysis also includes the evaluation of the commercial and clinical profiles of pipeline drugs, and their sales forecasts for the Fragile X Syndrome indication over the 2016-2026 period.
Although a relatively rare disease, Fragile X Syndrome has a distinct underlying genetic cause. Early intervention is key to the prognosis of the patient, yet there are currently no approved therapies specifically for Fragile X Syndrome. Instead, symptoms are managed on a case-by-case basis. In addition, a high rate of late-stage pipeline drugs have failed in clinical trials, meaning there are currently only four drugs with the potential to be launched during the forecast period. However, these drugs have a high potential for fast uptake in the market, as they would be the only approved therapies for Fragile X syndrome available and they each target their unique set of symptoms associated with the disease; the fast uptake of these pipeline drugs will be a principal driver of growth over the forecast period. However, lucrative opportunities remain for companies and products that improve upon one or more of unmet needs that will remain after the forecast period.
- Overview of FXS, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized FXS therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in three patient segments (0-9 Year Olds, 10-19 Year Olds, 20+ Year Olds), forecast from 2016 to 2026.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the FXS therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for FXS therapy. The most promising candidates in Phase IIb and Phase III developments are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global FXS therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global FXS therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global FXS therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
More from Pharmaceutical
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Mental Illness Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Anti-Dermatomycosis Skin Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Incretion Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Hypertension Drugs
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareGlobal Bionic Ears Market Professional Survey Report 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareNeuropsychiatric Disorder Cluster Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareHepatitis Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017