Oil & Gas Global Industry Almanac 2017
- September 2017
- 708 pages
Global Oil & Gas industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The oil and gas market volume is defined as the total consumption (barrels of oil equivalent) of refined petroleum products and natural gas by end-users in each country.
- The value of the oil segment reflects the total volume of refined petroleum products, including refinery consumption and losses, multiplied by the hub price of crude oil.
- The value of the gas segment is calculated as the total volume of dry natural gas consumed multiplied by the price of natural gas (Henry Hub spot price). The values represent the total revenues available to exploration and production companies from sales of crude oil and natural gas.
- Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated using constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The global oil & gas market had total revenues of $1,205.6bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -19.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 48.7 billion BOE in 2016.
- Demand for oil and gas is witnessing deceleration and this is partially intentional as the Chinese government seeks to move the countrys economy away from its focus on manufacturing and instead divert it towards the less energy intensive services sector. More energy efficient technology is also resulting in less volume consumption in this market. Nevertheless the strong growth in other markets around the world should ensure that globally the demand for oil and gas accelerates overall.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global oil & gas market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global oil & gas market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key oil & gas market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global oil & gas market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global oil & gas market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global oil & gas market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global oil & gas market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global oil & gas market?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.