Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer-Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029
- December 2020
- 181 pages
Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is currently the most common cancer
in the world and is the leading cause of cancer mortality in men and women.
Of total lung cancer incident cases, approximately 85% are the NSCLC
subtype. NSCLC patients are usually diagnosed in the later stages of the
disease, resulting in a poor prognosis. Since the last global market
forecast (2015-2025), there have been significant changes in the treatment
of patients with advanced disease, particularly in the metastatic setting.
Although NSCLC is still not considered curable, physicians are enthusiastic
about the progress being made in this field. New agents provide more
durable responses, as demonstrated by improvements in progression-free
survival and overall survival. Progress is demonstrated by the introduction
of checkpoint inhibitors into the first-line setting and multiple
next-generation targeted therapeutics which have dramatically improved
These recent successes will be further built upon during the forecast period. Personalized medicine will become more precise, with the development of agents targeting niche molecular aberrations, currently underserved by available treatments. Furthermore, novel agents will allow targeting of new actionable mutations. The strategic use of these targeted agents and immuno-oncology (IO)-based therapies in effective combinatorial regimens in the neoadjuvant and adjuvant settings for specific patient populations is also expected to transform the treatment landscape over the forecast period.
GlobalData is expecting the entry of the introduction of 29 novel entrants over the forecast period of 2019-2029. In this report, GlobalData has weighed the clinical and commercial potential of each NSCLC therapy to forecast market growth and identify new commercial opportunities.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- 29 late-stage pipeline agents are going to enter the NSCLC market from 2019 onwards. Will the impact will these agents have on the market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales, and why?
- What are the current unmet needs in NSCLC, which pipeline agents are positioned to counter these unmet needs? What are the opportunities for R&D?
- What is the market outlook in the 8MM from 2019-2029? Considering major patent expiries, launch of new premium priced agents and expected label expansions.
- What are the main corporate trends? Who are the current and future players?
- The main drivers of growth include the anticipated approval and launch of 29 pipeline therapies, in addition to label expansions of currently marketed therapies across the 8MM during the forecast period.
- The main barriers to growth in the 8MM include the patent expiry of major brands and the high price of premium priced therapeutics entering the market.
- Among the late-stage pipeline products and marketed agents, Checkpoint inhibitors and EGFR inhibitors are expected to generate the greatest revenues over the forecast period.
- The most important unmet needs in the NSCLC market include: Comprehensive molecular testing, novel approaches to primary and acquired resistance and an improvement in curative therapeutic options
- Overview of NSCLC including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline NSCLC market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting NSCLC therapeutics sales in the 8MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs (Phase III).
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global NSCLC market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global NSCLC therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global NSCLC market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global NSCLC therapeutics market from 2019-2029.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
Table of Content
1 NSCLC: Executive Summary
1.1 The NSCLC Market Will Expand to $32.9B in 2029
1.2 Targeting Large Patient Populations in the First Line, with a Focus on Establishing New Actionable Mutations and Label Expansions for Premium Products into Earlier Lines
1.3 Opportunities Remain for Tackling Primary and Acquired Resistance to Targeted and IO Based Therapies
1.4 First-in-Class Approvals for Novel Actionable Mutations and Targeting Resistance
1.5 What Do Physicians Think?
2.2 Related Reports
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports
3 Disease Overview
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
3.2 Classification or Staging Systems
4.1 Disease Background
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
4.3 Global and Historical Trends
4.4 Forecast Methodology
4.4.1 Sources Used
4.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
4.4.3 Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC
4.4.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC by Stage at Diagnosis
4.4.5 Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC by Histological Types
4.4.6 Mutations Among Diagnosed Incident Cases of Non-Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma
4.4.7 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NSCLC
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for NSCLC, 2019-2029
4.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC
4.5.2 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC
4.5.3 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC
4.5.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC by Stage at Diagnosis
4.5.5 Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC by Histological Type
4.5.6 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Non-Squamous Cell Carcinoma by Mutations: Genomic Biomarkers, EGFR and KRAS Mutations
4.5.7 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Squamous Cell Carcinoma by Mutations
4.5.8 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of NSCLC
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
4.6.2 COVID-19 Impact
4.6.3 Limitations of the Analysis
4.6.4 Strengths of the Analysis
List of Tables
Table 1: NSCLC: Key Metrics in the 8MM
Table 2: Histologies and Subtypes in NSCLC
Table 3: TNM descriptors used in the AJCC/IASLC Lung Cancer Staging System
Table 4: Overview of the AJCC/IASLC staging system for NSCLC.
Table 5: Risk Factors and Comorbidities for NSCLC
Table 6: 8MM, Diagnosed Incident Cases of NSCLC by Stage at Diagnosis, Ages 18 Years, Both Sexes, N, 2019
Table 7: 8MM, Diagnosed Incident Cases of Non-Squamous Cell Carcinoma by Immunotherapy and Genomic Biomarkers, Ages 18 Years, Both Sexes, N, 2019
Table 8: 8MM, Diagnosed Incident Cases of Squamous Cell Carcinoma by Mutations, Ages 18 Years, Both Sexes, N, 2019
Table 9: Biomarker Testing Rates (%) in Nonsquamous NSCLC in 2019
Table 10: Treatment Guidelines for NSCLC in the 8MM
Table 11: Country Profile - US
Table 12: Country Profile - 5EU
Table 13: Country Profile - Japan
Table 14: Country Profile - China
Table 15: Leading Treatments for NSCLC, 2019
Table 16: Mercks NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 17: AstraZenecas NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 18: Roches NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 19: Eli Lillys NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 20: BMSs NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 21: Pfizers NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 22: Boehringer Ingelheims NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 23: Novartis NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 24: Future players in NSCLC Portfolio Assessment, 2019
Table 25: NSCLC Market - Global Drivers and Barriers, 2019-2029
Table 26: Key Events Impacting Sales for NSCLC in the 5EU, 2019-2029
Table 27: NSCLC Market - Drivers and Barriers in the 5EU, 2019-2029
Table 28: Key Events Impacting Sales for NSCLC in Japan, 2019-2029
Table 29: NSCLC Market - Global Drivers and Barriers in Japan, 2019-2029
Table 30: Key Events Impacting Sales for NSCLC in the US, 2019-2029
Table 31: NSCLC Market - Drivers and Barriers in the US, 2019-2029
Table 32: Key Events Impacting Sales for NSCLC in China, 2019-2029
Table 33: NSCLC Market - Global Drivers and Barriers in China, 2019-2029
Table 34: Key Historical and Projected Launch Dates for NSCLC
Table 35: Key Historical and Projected Patent Expiry Dates for NSCLC
Table 36: High-Prescribing Physicians (non-KOLs) Surveyed, By Country
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Pharmaceutical
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Mental Illness Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Anti-Dermatomycosis Skin Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Incretion Drugs
PharmaceuticalChinese Markets for Hypertension Drugs
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareGlobal Bionic Ears Market Professional Survey Report 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareNeuropsychiatric Disorder Cluster Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017
Pharmaceuticals and HealthcareHepatitis Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2017