Nigeria - Transport and Logistics: Government investments to provide growth opportunities (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
In a bid to promote the growth of industry and make the country more attractive to foreign investors, the Nigerian Government intends to invest in the development of new infrastructure, while modernizing select structures. Under the ERGP, the government has committed US$7.1bn over 2017-2020 to upgrade the rail network, airports and roads that are not paved. The renewed investment is anticipated to provide conditions for growth in the transport and logistics industry.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive overview of the market and include sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, SWOT analysis, competitive landscape, innovation, deals, key developments, and industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets.
Increase in the number of road passengers drive road transport GVA
Road transport GVA in Nigeria registered a CAGR of 2.1% from US$5,082.0m in 2012 to US$4,576.7m in 2017. However, it is anticipated to post a CAGR of 5.7% from US$5,204.0m in 2018 to US$6,505.8m in 2022. The primary driver for the growth in GVA over the forecast period is the governments investment in the development of new roads led by an increase in the number of road passengers. The number of road passengers in Nigeria are expected to post a CAGR of 7.4% from 79,320.0 in 2018 to 105,469.0 in 2022.
Increasing freight traffic to drive air transport GVA
Air transport GVA in Nigeria recorded a CAGR of 3.6%, falling from US$437.6m in 2012 to US$364.4m in 2017. However, GVA is anticipated to rise at a CAGR of 3.8%, from US$406.3m in 2018 to US$472.2m in 2022. The main driver will be the expansion of air freight traffic led by an increase in trade between Nigeria and other countries.
Increase in water freight volume to drive water transport GVA
Water transport GVA recorded a CAGR of 2.0%, falling from US$35.4m in 2012 to US$32.0m in 2017. However, GVA is anticipated to post a CAGR of 5.8%, from US$36.5m in 2018 to US$45.7m in 2022 due to an increase in the inland water freight volumes led by various initiatives taken by the Nigerian Government to develop inland waterways.
- Risk & Reward Index: The Risk & Reward index compares the position of Nigeria's transport and logistics industry with other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View: Key transport and logistics industry statistics include freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export gross value added, FDI and trends driving market performance.
- Industry SWOT Analysis: Discover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting market performance and investment in Nigeria's transport and logistics market.
- Industry Benchmarking: Benchmark how Nigeria's transport and logistics market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of GVA, fleet size and freigth traffic by mode.
- Competitive Landscape: Overview of industry players compared with their peers across a set of indicators.
Reasons to buy
- How is the market performing in terms of indicators such as freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export, gross value added and FDI?
- How risky is it to invest in the Nigeria transport and logistics industry compared to other countries in Middle East and Africa?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as land, air, water and rail?
- Who are the leading players in the Nigeria transport and logistics industry and their presence in respective segment?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Nigeria transport and logistics industry?
- What are the Nigeria transport and logistics industrys Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the Nigeria transport and logistics industry?
Table of Contents
Risk and Reward Index 4
Industry Snapshot 8
Industry View 15
Industry SWOT Analysis 19
Industry Benchmarking 25
Industry Performance 33
Competitive Landscape 40
Key Developments 43
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.