GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released a new report, Neutropenia Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global neutropenia market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global neutropenia market. The report also provides insights into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to cause significant shifts in the positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global neutropenia sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated that the global neutropenia market was valued at $5.3 billion in 2009 and forecasts it to grow by 0.8% annually for the next eight years. This lower growth rate between the years 2009-2017 as compared to the year 2001-2009 is because of the expiry of the patents for Neulasta and Neupogen. GlobalData determined that the global neutropenia market is moderately served by the current product options and significant scope is available to new entrants that can capture value from underserved segments. Designing highly efficacious products that will encourage physician compliance is one of key challenges of this market and could provide a significant market share for any company achieving this.
GlobalData found that the global neutropenia market is highly competitive. The pipeline is considered to be strong because it consists of major promising drugs that will become blockbuster drugs in the coming years. These pipeline molecules also have improved efficacy and safety profiles over the currently marketed products, which means that they may meet patients and physicians expectations. The unmet need in the neutropenia market is high and if a company wants to capture this unmet need, it will need to overcome the prevailing product weaknesses and efficacy profiles.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the global neutropenia market. It includes:
- Annualized global neutropenia market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- The geographies covered in this report are the United States (US), the Untied Kingdom (UK), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global neutropenia market. The key market players covered are Amgen, Pfizer, Maxygen, Teva Pharmaceuticals and CoGenesys (which is now a part of Teva Pharmaceuticals).
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- The key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the future neutropenia market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of the pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global neutropenia market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global neutropenia market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global neutropenia market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of content
1 Table of contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 5
2 Neutropenia Market : Introduction 6
2.1 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 6
3 Neutropenia Market: Market Characterization 7
3.1 Market Overview 7
3.2 Neutropenia Market Size 7
3.3 Neutropenia Market Forecast and CAGR 8
3.4 Neutropenia Market Drivers 10
3.4.1 Steady Increase in the Prevalence Population 10
3.4.2 Increase in the Uptake of Biologics 10
3.4.3 Increase in the Prescription Population 10
3.4.4 Increase in Conditions Such as Cancer and Cardiovascular Events will Increase the Prevalence of Drug-induced Neutropenia 10
3.5 Neutropenia Market Restraints 11
3.5.1 Low Diagnosis Rate 11
3.5.2 Patent Expiries of Major Blockbuster Drugs Including Neupogen and Neulasta 11
3.5.3 Opening up of US market to Biosimilars and generics 11
3.6 Opportunity and Unmet Need 12
3.6.1 Key Takeaway 13
4 Neutropenia Market: Competitive Assessment 14
4.1 Overview 14
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 14
4.3 Product Profile for the Marketed Drugs for Neutropenia 16
4.3.1 Neulasta (Pegfilgrastim) 16
4.3.2 Neupogen 16
4.4 Product Profile for Off-label Drugs for Neutropenia 18
4.4.1 Leukine 18
4.5 Key Takeaway 19
5 Neutropenia Market Pipeline Assessment 20
5.1 Overview 20
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 20
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 20
5.3 Profile of the Promising Pipeline Molecules in Clinical Development 21
5.3.1 Neugranin 21
5.3.2 Maxy-G34 22
5.4 Neutropenia Pipeline Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 22
5.4.1 Neutropenia Market Phase III Clinical Pipeline 23
5.4.2 Neutropenia Market Phase II Clinical Pipeline 23
5.4.3 Neutropenia Market Phase I Clinical Pipeline 23
5.4.4 Neutropenia Market Pre-clinical Pipeline 24
5.4.5 Neutropenia Market Discovery Pipeline 24
5.5 Key takeaway 24
6 Neutropenia Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 25
7 Neutropenia Market: Future Players in Neutropenia Market 26
7.1 Introduction 26
7.2 Maxygen 27
7.2.1 Company Overview 27
7.2.2 Business Description 27
7.2.3 Hematology Disorder Portfolio 28
7.3 Pfizer 28
7.3.1 Company Overview 28
7.3.2 Financial Performance 29
7.3.3 Business Description 29
7.3.4 Hematology Disorder Portfolio 30
7.4 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited 31
7.4.1 Company Overview 31
7.4.2 Financial Performance 31
7.4.3 Business Description 31
7.4.4 CoGenesys - the company acquired by Teva Pharmaceuticals 33
7.4.5 Blood Disorder Portfolio 33
8 Neutropenia Market: Appendix 34
8.1 Definitions 34
8.2 Acronyms 34
8.3 Research Methodology 35
8.3.1 Coverage 35
8.3.2 Secondary Research 35
8.3.3 Forecasting 36
8.3.4 Primary Research 39
8.3.5 Expert Panel Validation 39
8.4 Contact Us 39
8.5 Disclaimer 39
8.6 Sources 40
List of Table
Table 1: Neutropenia Therapeutics Market, Revenue ($bn), 2001-2009 8
Table 2: Neutropenia Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecasts ($bn), 2009-2017 9
Table 3: Neutropenia Market, Global, Major Marketed Products Comparison, 2010 19
Table 4: Neutropenia Market Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 23
Table 5: Neutropenia Market Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 23
Table 6: Neutropenia Market Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 23
Table 7: Neutropenia Market Pre-clinical Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 8: Neutropenia Market Discovery Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 9: Maxygen Pharmaceuticals- Blood Disorder Pipeline Products, 2010 28
Table 10: Pfizer Pharmaceuticals- Blood Disorder Marketed Products, 2010 30
Table 11: Pfizer Pharmaceuticals- Blood Disorder Pipeline Products, 2010 30
Table 12: Teva Pharmaceuticals - Blood Disorder Marketed Products, 2010 33
Table 13: Teva Pharmaceuticals- Blood Disorder Pipeline Products, 2010 33
List of Chart
Figure 1: Neutropenia Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue ($bn), 2001-2009 8
Figure 2: Neutropenia Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecasts ($bn), 2009-2017 9
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need for Neutropenia Therapeutics Market 12
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Major Marketed Products for Neutropenia, 2010 15
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Neutropenia Pipeline, 2010 20
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Neutropenia Pipeline Description, 2010 21
Figure 7: Neutropenia Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 22
Figure 8: Implications for Future Market Competition in Neutropenia Therapeutics Market, 2010 25
Figure 9: Neutropenia Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, Number of Molecules, 2010 26
Figure 10: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model, 2010 38