Myanmar: Country Intelligence Report
- December 2017
- 38 pages
"Myanmar: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Myanmar today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2017, Myanmar will generate total telecom service revenue of $2.7bn, which is expected to decline to $2.6bn by 2022 at a CAGR of -0.1%. However, when valued in local currency, the total service revenue indicates an increase from an estimated K3,615bn in 2017 to K4,267bn by 2022, reflecting a CAGR of 3.4%. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data will be the fastest growing segment during 2017-2022, driven by rapid proliferation of smartphones, expanding 3G coverage and growing adoption of high-value 4G LTE/LTE-A services. Going forward, operators will focus on FTTH and LTE coverage expansion to boost broadband penetration in the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Myanmar.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in terms of revenue market shares across segments in the telecom services market.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Myanmar in terms of US$ will reflect a CAGR of -0.1% (3.4% in K) during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 94% of total telecom revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 3G will be the most adopted mobile technology in 2017. However, by 2022, 4G will account for the majority of the market due to rising demand for high-speed data services and LTE network expansion over the forecast period.
- The top two mobile operators, MPT and Telenor Myanmar, will account for 81.2% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2017. Operators will continue to focus on network coverage expansion and fiber deployment to acquire customers and drive the telecom market.
- Fixed voice and fixed broadband access lines will be dominated by MPT, accounting for 92.5% and 47.5% of market share, respectively, in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Myanmars telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Myanmars mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Myanmars telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Myanmar.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.