GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global multiple myeloma (MM) therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global MM therapeutics market. The report also provides insights into the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positions of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the pipeline products within the global MM sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts. The global MM (MM) market was valued at $2,347m in 2009 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% for the next seven years, to reach $5,185m by 2017. The growth will primarily be driven by an increase in the disease incidence rate, an increase in awareness of the treatment options, an increase in the treatment seeking population, and the acceptance of the existing therapies.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global Multiple Myeloma therapeutics market revenue data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action include enzyme inhibitors, nonansamycin Hsp90 inhibitor, CDK inhibitors, proteosome inhibitors, immunomodulatory agents and apoptosis inducers.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global MM therapeutic market. The key future market players covered are Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck & Co., Inc., Celegene, Cephalon, Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, AB Science, Novartis AG, and Onyx Therapeutics.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, a market characterization, the unmet needs and the implications for the MM market.
Reasons to buy
- The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MM therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to affect the global MM therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify the emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global MM therapeutics market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics: Introduction
2.1 Multiple Myeloma Staging System:
2.1.1 The Durie-Salmon System (D-S):
2.1.2 The International Staging System (ISS)
3 Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics: Market Characterization
3.2 Multiple Myeloma Market Size
3.3 Multiple Myeloma Market Forecast and Compound Annual Growth Rate
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for the Multiple Myeloma Market
3.4.1 Drivers for the Multiple Myeloma Market
3.4.2 Barriers for the Multiple Myeloma Market
3.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need
3.6 Key Takeaway
4 Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics: Competitive Assessment
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Multiple Myeloma Market
4.3.1 Velcade (bortezomib) with Melphalan and Prednisone
4.3.2 Revlimid (lenalidomide) with Dexamethasone
4.3.3 Thalomid (thalomide) with Dexamethasone
4.3.4 Doxil (doxorubicin HCl liposome injection) with Bortezomib
4.3.5 Mozobil (plerixafor injection) with G-CSF (Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor)
4.4 Key Take Away
5 Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics: Pipeline Assessment
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment
5.3 Multiple Myeloma Market - Promising Drugs under Clinical Development
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development
5.4.1 Pomalidomide (Actimid, CC-4047)
5.4.4 Perifosine (KRX-0401)
5.5 Multiple Myeloma Market - Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action
5.5.1 Multiple Myeloma - Phase III Clinical Pipeline
5.5.2 Multiple Myeloma Market - Phase II Clinical Pipeline
5.5.3 Multiple Myeloma Market - Phase I Clinical Pipeline
5.5.4 Multiple Myeloma Market - Preclinical Pipeline
5.5.5 Multiple Myeloma Market - Discovery Pipeline
5.6 Key Takeaway
6 Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics: Implications for Future Market Competition
7 Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics: Future Players in the Multiple Myeloma Market
7.2 Novartis AG
7.2.2 Business Description
7.3 Merck & Co., Inc.
7.3.2 Business Description
7.4 Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (Keryx)
7.4.2 Business Description
7.5 Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
7.5.2 Business Description
7.6 Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
7.6.2 Business Description
8 Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics: Appendix
8.3 Research Methodology
8.3.2 Secondary Research
8.3.4 Primary Research
8.3.5 Expert Panels
8.4 Contact Us
List of Table
Table 1: Multiple Myeloma The Durie-Salmon System (D-S) 5
Table 2: Multiple Myeloma The International Staging System (ISS) 6
Table 3: Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics, Global, Revenue ($m), 20012009 8
Table 4: Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($m), 20092017 8
Table 5: Major Marketed Products Comparison in Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics Market, 2010 21
Table 6: Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics Market Most Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 23
Table 7: Multiple Myeloma Phase III Clinical Pipeline,2010 28
Table 8: Multiple Myeloma Market Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 29
Table 9: Multiple Myeloma Market Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 30
Table 10: Multiple Myeloma Market Preclinical Pipeline, 2010 31
Table 11: Multiple Myeloma Market Discovery Pipeline, 2010 31
List of Chart
Figure 1: Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics, Global, Revenue ($m), 20012009 7
Figure 2: Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($m), 20092017 8
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics Market 10
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment, 2010 13
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytics Framework, 2010 22
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytics Frame Work Description, 2010 23
Figure 7: Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 27
Figure 8: Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Phase of Development, 2010 28
Figure 9: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Multiple Myeloma Market, 2010 32
Figure 10: Multiple Myeloma Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 33
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model, 2010 45
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.