Mobile Financial Services-Service Portfolio Evolution and Positioning Strategies in the Middle East and Africa
- June 2020
- 25 pages
"Mobile Financial Services: Service Portfolio Evolution and Positioning Strategies in the Middle East and Africa," a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile financial services (MFS) market in the Middle East and Africa. It delivers qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
'MFS adoption has accelerated significantly in the Middle East and Africa in light of device, technology, and security improvements. Its ubiquitous in most of the countries in the region. Mobile wallet, M-P2P/B, and m-commerce have become widespread services among mobile money users in both sub-Saharan Africa and the MENA regions. In the past two years, AME telcos have also been expanding into mobile banking white labels/banking-as-a-service, partnerships, or by developing their own banking institutions.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services - Portfolio Definition and Evolution: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio and development of mobile network operators' mobile financial services.
- Section 2: Evolution and Positioning Strategies for Telcos in the Middle East and Africa: This section looks at the market conditions conducive to MFS adoption, recent developments, and the current state of mobile financial services in the Middle East and Africa while also providing a closer look at the key players and partnerships enabling MFS success for telcos.
- Section 3: Case studies: This section looks at three case studies from the Middle East and Africa, giving insight into the successful implementation of MFS by mobile network operators.
- Section 4: Key findings: This section consists of a summary of key findings and opportunities for the Middle East and Africa MFS market.
- Due to the relatively high smartphone penetration in the vast majority of AME countries, users can easily access mobile wallet, mobile banking, and m-commerce services through the use of mobile applications.
- Despite the existing competitors from the technology sector and financial institutions, AME telcos are competing very well in the market. Telcos are penetrating in the markets by launching their own m-wallet and M-P2P/B services and then potentially expanding their range of MFS services.
- Telcos can compete effectively by offering MFS which have unique selling points and are differentiated in comparison to the competitors within a given European country.
Reasons to Buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of mobile financial services (MFS) portfolios and positioning in the Middle East and Africa markets.
- The report investigates MFS trends, development, and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers in the Middle East and Africa region.
- To study AME's most competitive mobile network operator MFS provisions, in order to inform strategical decision-making.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.