Microwavable Cups Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
Microwavable Cups Market – A historical analysis
Cups have been long preferred as one of the ideal on-the-go food consumption formats. Rapid urbanization in emerging economies such as India and China, coupled with increase in per capita disposable income has resulted in fast growth in the consumption of case-ready meals, on-the-go. Manufacturers of disposable cups cater to the rising demand for convenient solutions for food consumption, especially considering the fast-paced lifestyle of modern consumers and consumer convenience. Conventional food cup manufacturers used to produce cups that could be reheated in a microwave, to a certain extent. However, they refrained from making any specific guarantees, due to varying abilities of microwave ovens. The need for microwavable versions was only realized once the consumption of case-ready meals and on-the-go snacks increased across the globe, fueled by a shift in the lifestyles of consumers. The rise in consumption of convenience foods and snacks such as macaroni, gourmet food, and soup, among others has led to the growth in demand for microwavable cups market. Conventional cups may consist of an inner-layer of thin plastic, which, if not FDA-approved, is unsafe for microwavable foods. This creates absolute need for microwavable cups which ensure food quality and yet remain heat-resistant. The same trend is expected to continue well beyond the forecast period. Thus, microwavable cups market is expected to witness substantial demand.
Global microwavable cups market – Segmentation
The global microwavable cups market can be segmented as –
On the basis of materials, the global microwavable cups market has been segmented as –
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
On the basis of capacity, the global microwavable cups market has been segmented as –
- <200 ml
- 200 ml – 250 ml
- 250 ml – 300 ml
- 300 ml – 350 ml
- > 350 ml
*Pricing for the global microwavable cups market has been captured on the basis of capacity
On the basis of end use, the global microwavable cups market has been segmented as –
- Ready Meals
The ready meals segments consists of snacks such as cup noodles, which have witnessed an increased popularity in the last decade, especially in countries such as Japan, and other South-East Asian countries. Hot and cold snacks include food products such as macaroni & cheese.
Global microwavable cups market – Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global microwavable cups market are – The Kraft Group, LLC, Interpress Technologies, Inc., Greiner Packaging GmbH, KeepCup, and Capitol Cups, among others.
The global microwavable cups market is characterized by the presence of medium-to-small companies.
Key Trends and developments in the microwavable cups market –
- Brands such as Nissin are using customization as a key strategy for consumer engagement. In August 2015, Nissin introduced their first microwavable cup noodles, having an additional customization feature, which enabled the customers to customize their cup with healthier meal choices. The new meal allows the noodles to be microwaved in under 2 ½ minutes.
- In February 2015, Greiner Packaging GmbH won an award for its innovative packaging solution for Saga-Foods Zrt, which is a Hungary-based food processing company. The company was developing a new packaging concept for Frankfurter sausages. They developed the K3 cup with a resealable In-mold Label (IML) lid. The packaging used a combination of PP/EVOH, which creates a barrier effect. This enabled the cups to be placed directly in a microwave for heating.
- Interpress Technologies, Inc. offer plastic cups and bowls, for applications with moderate moisture barrier requirements and for microwavable applications. The cups have a printed paper overwrap, and are also available in a high barrier EVOH blend for applications with additional barrier requirement.
Microwavable Cups Market: What lies ahead?
The global microwavable cups market is anticipated to grow with increased adoption of on-the-go food habits, among consumers, especially in the emerging economies, and countries in Africa, which have been witnessing a high rate of urbanization and rise in per capita disposable income. Furthermore, as the consumption of case-ready meals increases, and more consumers prefer eating out to dining-in, the microwavable cups market is expected to witness substantial increase in demand.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Packaging
PackagingChinese Markets for Industrial Packaging