Metallized Film Laminates Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
- October 2039
- 0 pages
Metallized film laminates: Significance
Metalized film laminates have grown as an indispensable part of the packaging industry, and over the coming decade it is likely to gain significant responsiveness of manufacturers end owing to the upsurge in demand for the packaging of products such as foods & beverages, pharmaceutical and consumer goods. Metalized film laminates are the mainly polymer resins coated with a gentle layer of metal, usually aluminum, silver and tin. The films used of metal deposition include PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate), PE (Polyethylene), PP (Polypropylene), OPP (Oriented Polypropylene) among others.
Over the years, metalized film laminates have emerged as a nearest substitute of foil packaging and offers a lustrous metallic look at a reduced cost and weight. One the key reasons for popularity of metallized films are that they provide a metal like finish to paperboard or paper packaging. When metallization is done in films it improves oxygen barrier properties of the film such as up to 50x for OPP films and 10x for PET films. Metallized films laminates are also used in manufacturing and coating of flexible as well as rigid packaging solutions.
Global Metallized Film Laminates Market: Segmentation
The global metallized film laminates market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of material, the global metallized film laminates market has been segmented as follows –
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene (PE)
On the basis of product type, the global metallized film laminates market has been segmented as –
- Pouches & Sachets
- Wrapping films
- Lidding film
- Blister packs
On the basis of end use industry, the global metallized film laminates market has been segmented as –
- Food and Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Consumer goods
Global metallized film laminates market: Key Players
Some key players that currently operate in metallized film laminates market across the globe can be segmented into three tiers based on their market share as follow-
- Tier 1 (includes market leaders with a market share of more than 3%)
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- API Group
- Berry Global Inc.
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Tier 2 (includes market players with a market share above 1% and below 3%)
- Sierra Coating Technologies LLC
- Triton International Enterprises
- Celplast Metallized Products
- Ampac Holdings, LLC.
- Ester Industries Limited
- Uflex Ltd.
- Tier 3 (includes manufacturers with market share below 1%)
- Uma Foils & Flexipack
- Patidar Corporation
- Ester Industries Limited
Key developments & Trends
- In September 2016, Toray Plastics (America), subsidiary of Toray Industries Inc. launched a Lumirror MR20 metal-transfer film with aluminum deposited on its surface and is used in specialty printing and point-of-purchase applications. The MR20 film has good adhesion properties and sticks to paperboard and paper. Lumirror MR20 film are used to packaging of toys, alcohol, pet food, confectionary, personal care products, cosmetics among others.
- In July 2017, Toray Plastics (America), subsidiary of Toray Industries Inc. introduced two very high-barrier films free of chlorine: transparent PA1HB polyester PET films and Lumirror MK6HB PET films that is anticipated to extend the shelf life of products. These transparent metallized films provide aroma, moisture and oxygen-barrier protection. These metallized PET films are intended for use in e-commerce industry. The MK6HB PET films and PA1HB PET films are major alternatives to PVdC-coated PET and AlOx-coated PET films.
The road ahead
Over the years, packaging solutions coated with metallized film laminates has seen healthy rate of growth in terms of continuous shift in customer’s buying preferences. Customers are out to buy finished products with glossy & appealing packing. However, one of the hurdles that most manufacturers want to steer clear of, is the cost of package product. The more the thickness of film laminated on package, the higher is the cost.
Consequently, as metallized film laminates becomes more mainstream, a large scale shift is anticipated in the emerging markets. Most of the multi-national metallized film manufacturers are eying the emerging economies on verge of growing market uncertainty in the US & European markets.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
More from Packaging
PackagingChinese Markets for Industrial Packaging