Mergers and Acquisitions in Mining-Thematic Research
- August 2020
- 38 pages
GlobalData's Mergers and Acquisitions in Mining - Thematic Research explains how disruptive themes have been driving M&A activity over the last three years, analyzes the impact of COVID-19 on the M&A market in the mining industry. The report also highlights the potential acquisition targets, explaining who is likely to acquire them and why.
A total of 256 mining M&A deals valued at $50m or more were announced between 1 January 2017 and 31 March 2020, with a combined value of $137bn. The precious metals and mining equipment, technology, and services (METS) sectors saw the most M&A activity over the period, with 96 deals in the precious metals sector with a combined deal value of $53bn. The METS sector saw 44 deals worth a combined $32bn. The key themes driving these deals included industrial automation, the internet of things (IoT), extraction technology, robotics and big data.
- The report analyses the impact of M&A as a theme on the mining industry
- The report evaluates how mining companies are utilizing M&A to realign their businesses with respect to changing market scenarios
- The report discusses key M&A deals in mining industry and identifies the trends emerging from these deals
- The report also identifies potential acquisition targets across the mining value chain and the thematic rationale that could drive these acquisitions in the near future
Reasons to Buy
- To review the deal activity undertaken by mining companies.
- To understand the major trends that are influencing M&A in the mining industry
- To understand the COVID-19 impact on the mining M&A market
- To identify the key deal-makers and gain an outlook on some of the potential acquisition targets in the near future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Metals
Chemicals and MaterialsSilanes Market - Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment, 2020-2030