MEED: Middle East & North Africa (MENA) Oil and Gas Market 2018
- December 2017
- 593 pages
While projects worth more than $250bn are already under execution as of November 2017, the MENA region is expected to witness investment of an additional $399bn in new projects in the oil and gas sector by 2025.
Middle East producers continue to explore and develop their fields, boost production capacities and focus on expanding the downstream sector as the countries witness sustained growth in demand for petroleum products. Planned investments in the upstream sector are expected to reach over $115bn, while that in the downstream are expected to be close to $110bn.
Written by MEED, the Middle East market experts within the GlobalData Group, this is an essential guide and an invaluable tool for companies interested in doing business in MENA oil and gas sector. This report will help to identify opportunities with details of the main projects under construction and those due to be awarded in 2018. It clearly sets out investment drivers and client spending plans and will also help in understanding the risks and set strategy in the regional oil & gas projects market.
- The MENA region saw $57.4bn-worth of contract awards in 2017, with about 50 per cent of the investments targeted towards downstream activities
- Investments in the upstream sector are progressing at a steady pace with projects aimed at offsetting declines in existing fields and not at increasing production capacity
- An estimated $289bn-worth of planned and unawarded projects in the oil, gas and petrochemicals sector in the MENA region, excluding Iran, at the start of 2018
- The MENA regions petrochemicals industry has increased its focus on integrating new capacity into existing refinery complexes
- Since the lifting of sanctions in 2016, Irans oil and gas projects market has gained pace. By December 2017, the value of all planned oil and gas projects in Iran stood at $99.3bn.
- Saudi Arabias national oil company Saudi Aramco has been the biggest oil and gas project sponsor in the region in the period 2012-17, awarding an estimated $39.3bn-worth of major contracts directly.
- The ranking of top contractors has changed considerably. The presence of Chinas contractors has been growing. South Korean firms form the most successful national group of contractors.
- The return of the lump sum turnkey (LSTK) contract as the dominant procurement model in the GCC oil and gas market.
Reasons to buy
- Discover investment drivers and client spending plans in more than 12 countries
- Identify key project opportunities in the upstream, downstream refining and petrochemical sectors
- Access rankings of the top contractors and clients in each country
- Prepare for specific projects by gaining knowledge of upcoming projects and schedules
- Identify challenges in the market to support risk mitigation.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.