This report provides a concise overview of the Fragrances market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, and the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the UK Fragrances sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The UK\'s aging population and strained economic climate mean marketers of Fragrances need to reassess the priorities of their key consumers; those aged 40-49 years old form the largest group in the country. Growth in the market will be primarily driven by the Female Fragrances category, although Male Fragrances is also expected to take off, driven by higher grooming needs of UK males. Moreover, Premium Fragrances drive the Fragrance market in the UK in spite of rising prices.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The desire to indulge in Premium Fragrances continues to drive the UK\'s Fragrances market. Experience seeking, New Gender Behaviors, and the search for Better Value for Money are the other significant consumer trends driving the UK Fragrance market.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the UK Fragrances sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Fragrance categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Fragrances sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Fragrances categories.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Fragrances categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in the UK\'s Fragrances sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
- The UK consumer\'s indulgence-based desire for higher priced Premium Fragrances has significantly driven the UK\'s Female and Male Fragrance categories.
- Packaging plays a significant role in attracting customers and adding to the luxury aspect of Fragrance brands. Glass is the preferred packaging material for Fragrances due to its visual properties and ability to transform into aesthetic designs.
- New Gender Behaviors and the search for Better Value for Money products are impacting consumer buying patterns in the UK Fragrance market. Retailers are innovating with private label products to replicate the experience of wearing a premium brand at an affordable price with similar fragrance notes.
- Private label penetration in the UK\'s Fragrance sector is low, but growing fast among consumers searching for Better Value for Money.
- The Fragrance market is highly influenced by celebrity endorsements, but recent trends indicate marketers are extending the brand equity of celebrities to launch Fragrances under their names.
- Marketers are extending their distribution strategy to incorporate internet retailing as one of the distribution channels for Fragrances.
- Fragrance concept stores are improving consumers\' interaction with in-store teams to identify their changing needs and increase the chances of repeat business with the cross selling and up-selling of Fragrances.
- Social Media platforms and associated interaction are helping marketers to market the product and even get reviews about the success of their Fragrance range.
Table of Content
- UK Fragrance market provides significant opportunities to marketers despite rising consumer prices
- Hypermarkets and Supermarket account for the majority of value sales in the Health and Beauty sector in the UK
- Fragrance sales is fragmented across several distribution formats, however Department Stores drives one-third of the Fragrance sales in the UK
- Financially better-off consumer group drives volume consumption in the UK
- Heavy consumption frequency is common among Older Consumers, who drive a quarter of UK consumption volume
- Indulgence and the desire to experience new fragrances are major consumers trends in the UK
- Desire to indulge in premium fragrances continues to drive the UK\'s fragrances market
- New Gender Behaviors and the search for Better Value for Money are the other significant trends in the UK fragrance market
- Male Fragrances are growing faster than female fragrances due to increased grooming consciousness among males
- Male and Unisex Fragrances will increase their value share while Female Fragrances will witness a decline
- The Fragrance sector in the UK is growing, however fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to the market
- Premium segment driving growth in Male and Female fragrance categories
- Unisex Fragrances are expected to grow steadily during 2012-2017
Brands and Private Labels
- Consumer preference to wear premium branded fragrances limits the penetration of Private Label fragrance in the UK
- The desire for Better Value for Money is driving Private Label growth
- Premium brands dominate sales in the UK fragrance market
- Design innovation in glass continues to help marketers enhance product attractiveness on shelf
- Packaging innovation facilitates product positioning and recognition
Future Outlookfour key trends in the UK\'s Fragrances sector
- Online retail and social media are significantly influencing consumer\'s purchase decisions of fragrances
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.