This report provides a concise overview of the Fragrances market in Russia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, and the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Russian Fragrances sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The volume of Fragrances used in Russia will steadily increase during 2012-2017 at a CAGR slightly higher than that registered during 2007-2012, primarily driven by the volume growth in the Female Fragrances category.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
While the desire to affirm gender identity is an important motivator, consumers are also aware of quality. Demand for Fragrances is also influenced by age-specific preferences along with the desire for better value for money.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Russian Fragrances sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Fragrance categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Fragrances sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Fragrance categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Fragrance categories.
An overview of packaging trends in Russia\'s Fragrances sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
Consumers in Russia will be seen to further move towards premium Fragrance brands instead of mass brands, encouraged by a better distribution reach from Health and Beauty specialist retailers in the country.
The Female Fragrances category holds a major share of Russia\'s Fragrance market, while the Male Fragrances category is forecast to register the highest growth during 2012-2007.
Russian retailers such as X5 Retail Group and Magnit continue to lead retail space; however, the French Auchan and German Metro Group have gained significant market share in the last decade.
Although the overall share of private label products in Russia\'s Fragrance sector is low in terms of value, the Unisex Fragrance category witnessed a high private label penetration rate in 2012.
Consumption of Unisex Fragrances is low but growing steadily, recording the second highest growth rate during 2007 and 2012.
Women consume more Fragrances products by volume than men. Across both gender groups, Fragrances are mostly used by older consumers aged 55 and over and by the Moderate Income wealth group. Consumer analysis, based on Leisure Group, reveals that Time Rich Males and Time Poor Females have the highest consumption by volume share of Fragrances in Russia.
Male Fragrances will gain market share, while the market share of Female Fragrances will decline between 2007 and 2017.
The Men\'s Fragrance market has witnessed strong growth as grooming has become a more important priority for men, which has boosted the Men\'s Fragrance sector in the country. Men\'s taste for Fragrances is transitioning from classic scents towards more exclusive choices.
Packaging plays a significant role in capturing customers\' attention and influencing the purchase of Fragrances. While Glass is the most preferred packaging material for Fragrances due to its display properties, ability to hold unconventional shape, and tactility, packaging suppliers offer multiple design and packaging options for closures, containers, and outers.
The growing consumption of Fragrances will result in increasing demand for all packaging materials. The packaging can be used by marketers to encourage potential buyers to purchase their products. Marketers are constantly evolving new designs and types to draw consumers towards making Fragrance purchases.
- Russian Fragrance market provides significant opportunities to marketers, helped by growing GDP and rising income
- Health and Beauty distribution marked by the presence of international retailers as well as national companies
- Health and Beauty Stores are the key distributors of Fragrances in Russia
- Fragrance consumption in Russia is led by Older men and women and those of the Moderate Income group
- Russians use Fragrances at a Heavy Consumption frequency
- Consumption of Fragrances is driven by New Gender Behaviors
- While the desire to affirm gender identity is an important motivator, consumers are also aware of quality
- Demand for Fragrances is influenced by age-specific preferences along with the desire for better value for money
- Male Fragrances continue to lead Russia\'s Fragrance market in terms of growth
- Female Fragrances will lose market share to Male Fragrances between 2007 and 2017
- Russian Fragrances sector will register a steady increase in volume and value growth
- While the Male Fragrances category is the fastest-growing, Female Fragrances will retain a dominant share in the Russian Fragrances market
- Unisex Fragrances registers the second fastest growth in the Fragrance market
Brands and Private Labels
- Avon is the best selling brand in Russia
- Unisex Fragrances witnessed the highest private label penetration in the Russian Fragrances market
- Private label recorded more than 12% growth in the Fragrances category during the period 2009-2012
- Glass Packaging along with Dispenser Closures is the most commonly used packaging driven by high Female Fragrance volumes
- Growth in demand for Glass Bottle Packaging along with Dispenser Closures and Box Outers by 2017
Future Outlook- four key trends in France\'s Fragrances sector
- Russian Fragrances sector will witness growth with increased demand for premium Fragrances in addition to improved distribution
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.