This report provides a concise overview of the Fragrances market in Germany. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, and the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Germany Fragrances sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The Fragrance market in Germany will witness steady growth in volume and value during the forecast period. Men and women in Germany are choosing Fragrances that target specific gender needs. This positive consumer behavior is prompting Fragrance manufacturers to focus on further product innovation, allocating additional budget towards RandD (research and development) to create products for consumers who seek high value-added Fragrances.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
A product\'s success in the market will largely be determined by consumers\' New Gender Behaviors. Consumers are trading up to exclusive and indulgent Fragrances to achieve a \'feel good\' sensation, even if only temporary.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the German Fragrances sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Fragrance categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Fragrances sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Fragrances categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Fragrances categories.
An overview of packaging trends in German Fragrances sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
German consumers seek products that offer solutions to their desire and prefer to use products that can be tailored to their individual needs and wants.
German consumers with higher disposable income want quality products that offer a different experience. However, consumers are moving towards more exclusive niche Fragrances with changing lifestyles.
Packaging plays a significant role in attracting customers and adding to the luxury aspect of Fragrance brands. Glass is the preferred packaging material for Fragrances due to its visual properties and ability to transform into aesthetic designs.
Consumer preference to wear premium branded Fragrances limits the penetration of private label Fragrances in Germany.
With male grooming on the rise, the Male Fragrance market is recording growth. Men\'s needs are transitioning from generic scents to more exclusive and niche offerings.
The Fragrance market is highly influenced by celebrity endorsements, with products that indulge consumers\' desires for glamour and exclusivity being in demand.
The premium Fragrances market will continue to grow buoyed by gradual economic recovery in Germany, causing renewed consumer confidence.
Increased demand for Fragrances with natural ingredientsand environmentally friendly claims have led to the launch of niche products.
- Economic uncertainty to adversely affect consumer spending in Germany
- Hypermarkets and Health and Beauty Stores are the key distributors of Health and Beauty products in Germany
- Health and Beauty Stores account for the majority of Fragrances sales in Germany
- Germany\'s Fragrance market is led by Older and financially Better Off men and women
- Tweens and Early Teens and Older Consumers have the highest frequency of heavy consumption in the German Fragrance market
- Fragrances market driven by Gender-oriented and Indulgent products
- Fun and Enjoyment and Quality are driving Fragrance consumption
- The Fragrance market in Germany will witness steady growth in volume and value during the forecast period
- While Female Fragrances dominate the landscape in value terms, Male Fragrances will witness highest growth during the forecast period
- Female Fragrances will decline in market share, losing ground to Male and Unisex products
- Fragrances will record slow but steady value growth from 2014 onwards
Brands and Private Labels
- German consumers continue to buy branded Fragrances products despite reduced discretionary spending
- Private Label products are registering high growth in Male Fragrances
- Hugo Boss is one of the leading brands across all Fragrance categories
- Glass Bottles are the preferred packaging material for Fragrances
- The demand for classic and exclusive packaging will grow during the forecast period
Future Outlook- four key trends in the Germany\'s Fragrances sector
- Organic and exclusive scents will drive growth in the German Fragrance market
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.