This report provides a concise overview of the Fragrances market in France. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, and the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the French Fragrances sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Health & Beauty Stores will be the most preferred destination for buying Fragrances in France. Conversely, Health & Beauty Stores such as Perfumeries are the most preferred destination for consumers to buy Fragrances.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
A product’s success in the French Fragrances market will largely be determined by indulgence of Fragrances products. Canadean’s consumer data shows the actual value influence of each motivator in the French Fragrances sector: a high influence indicates strong scope for marketers to target products offering benefits for this specific need.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the French Fragrances sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Fragrance categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Fragrances sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Fragrances categories.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Fragrances categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in France’s Fragrances sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
- French consumers are always on the lookout for products that offer them a rewarding indulgence. However, consumers are moving towards more exclusive niche Fragrances with evolving gender identities.
- French consumers want to make sure they are getting high quality when they use Fragrances products. While Quality is important, how the product reflects aspirations of an individual is also a priority.
- The French Female and Male Fragrance categories will increase slowly but steadily in value, measured in US dollars, during 2013–2017 after negative growth in 2012. Even after recovery, the slow growth predicted during 2014–2017 is indicative of the difficulty in generating growth in a mature category in an economy characterized by low consumer spending.
- Private label penetration in France’s Fragrances sector is low; the highest penetration rate is in the Unisex Fragrances category, where private labels held a high value share in 2012. Private label penetration in Male Fragrances and Female Fragrances categories was low due to the presence of established brands presenting a high entry barrier for private labels.
- Private labels are gaining market share in the Female and Male Fragrance categories with the value of private labels increasing at a CAGR of 1.0% and 0.4%, respectively, during 2009-2012.
- Packaging plays a significant role in attracting customers and adding to the luxury aspect of Fragrance brands. Female Fragrances and Male Fragrances accounted for 96.0% of Fragrances packs used in France in 2012, resulting in high demand for Glass Bottles.
- Female Fragrances and Male Fragrances drive this growth, as consumers will increase their use of these products and seek easy-to-use Fragrances products.
- Older consumers and Mid-Lifers together constitute around half of the entire market by value; they are more likely to spend money on themselves as their kids are now grown up.
- Smaller pack formats of Fragrances are expected to rise within the premium segment as they are portable and easier for on-the-go lifestyles.
- The demand for organic Fragrances will remain limited unless manufactures target more leading trends such as consumers’ desire to reward themselves or to assert a particular gender identity, positioning organic as an added benefit.
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.